Cuz girl you're amazing (just the way you are)

Song is Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars!
• • •
Taylor's POV
I don't know how I ended up this way. A mess. Hardly ever sober. Almost constantly crying on the bathroom floor. How I ended up being the kind of person who wrote sad songs at 2 a.m. and then woke up the next morning, masking it with a smile.

Then Travis came along. I was happy, yes. And yet, for some odd unexplainable reason, I still cried. I still drank until I couldn't see straight, still listened to sad songs. Still sat on the bathroom floor in tears. Still reopened the scars on my my stomach.

I swore I wouldn't. I hadn't done it in 9 fucking years. nine.

I still did it, though. Don't really get why I did it, but I did. It's like asking someone why they prefer strawberry ice cream over chocolate. Most just say, "Don't know. Just do."

I never told Trav. Never said anything about my past struggles with my body image, never said a word about my problems with food. I was happy around him. I felt okay enough to just smile. Nothing fake, nothing artificial. Just a smile.

Then night rolled around, and he would leave. And suddenly I was back in the bathroom, scars bleeding out.

Sometimes he stays over. I still go to the bathroom. Call it force of habit or just a need for whatever emotional pain to leave, but I would still end up there, quietly sobbing.

And then shit changed. One night, Trav got up in the middle of the night and came towards the bathroom. A knock. "Tay? You alright in there?"

I choked down a sob and masked any sign of tears. "Yeah! Just give me a minute." I panicked, rinsing the blood away. Once it was mostly stopped, I stepped out the bathroom.

"Sorry I took so long." I said, looking up. "No problem, Tay. But why do you look like you've been crying?" I watched Trav squint in the darkness. Shit. "Because...I...um..."

Fear was ricocheting through me. Joe and I broke up for this exact reason. He's not Joe, I reminded myself. I took a deep breath, and carefully rolled up my shirt, cuts barely visible from the dim lighting of the bathroom.

His eyes widened, clearly shocked. I quickly hid it away again. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't bother you with my problems."

He pressed his lips to my temple. "Why do you say such a thing? Tay, you aren't a bother at all. I'm here for you, okay? It's okay. You're safe now." He whispered, rubbing my back softly.

His words sent me over, and I broke. Tears fell from my eyes, hot and fast. I had almost never dared to be this way around most. I thought it would scare them. And yet, for some inexplicable reason, Trav wasn't running. He was right here.

The moment I crumbled onto the ground, he sat down with me, rubbing tiny circles on my back. "I'm a mess Trav." I sobbed, burying my head in his shoulder.

"It's okay baby. You're safe now." His voice was a gentle whisper, and he held me close as I cried.

I wiped the last of my tears away. "I'm sorry."

"What for, Tay?"

"You must think I'm a screw up now. That I'm insane."

"No. What I see is a strong girl, trying to fight to survive. And now I'm here, and I'm gonna keep you safe. You won't have to fight to survive anymore."

"Thank you, Travis."

•               •               •
Short one but angst is angst!

Sorry for not really uploading, but stuff has been going on. I'm literally writing this sick.

Requests here >>>>>>>>

Love you guys!

-YT xx