New Years Day

Taylor's POV
As everyone filed out of the place, I saw glitter remnants on the floor from confetti poppers. I watched as a few girls, none of which I recognized, carried their heels out the door, being to drunk to balance in them.

I stared at the masterpiece of a man that stood before me. Travis. His eyes made me melt and I really loved him to death.

Earlier that night, just as the clock striked 12, we kissed. Our first new years kiss, hopefully the one that wouldn't be the last.

"I love you." I had whispered when we parted slightly for air. I knew there would be so many articles, videos, posts, but that was the last thing on my mind. He was all I cared about.

Now I looked at the same man as we walked out the restaurant. We got in the car and as I stared out the window, you squeezed my hand three times in the back sear. I smiled softly. It meant 'I love you' when you squeezed the hand of someone.

I squeezed his hand back. Barely any words were said, but none needed to be said. I thought through every moment we shared, every high, every low.

The time when I wasn't sure if he would leave me, and he swore that he would stay no matter how hard it was, no matter how wrong it felt, and no matter how many mistakes we made.

And just earlier, when we'd helped tidy some of the bottles away.

The time when I'd whispered in the dim lights of a hotel room for him to never leave me, and all he said was, "Never."

The time when we baked cookies together, and he didn't do much besides talk. It was very distracting but so worth it. (The cookies were amazing still.)

And when he surprised me in every way. I felt a soft tap on my arm. "We reached, baby." He whispered, pulling me out of my mind.

He got out the car and took my hand to help me out. All I wanted to do was hold him. Hold him, never let him leave my grasp.

My new years resolution when people asked, was to stay healthy for the tour and to put all of my effort into it.

But secretly, it was really to not lose sight of the fact that Trav was the best yet. Because Joe was there when I needed it, when I needed someone to hold me at my lowest. But he couldn't handle me at my highest.

But Trav? He would stay with me through the depths of hell and the highest parts of the sky.

•               •                •
First update of 2024!

My school starts tomorrow, so updates might just come to a halt.

I will be on hiatus for a little while, but I'm going to try and take advantage of it being the first week and write (if I have energy).

If there are any requests, drop em here >>>

Happy new years guys. Take care <3

-YT xx