In a Storm, In My Best Dress

Warning: There is Joe

Taylor's POV

I watched as Joe left, walking off into the dark, stormy night, umbrella in hand. I cried tears that were invisible to the world and I stood rooted to the ground, unable to bring myself to move. No cameras flashed, the storm was too strong for even the paps.

Today was meant to be good. Great, even. We were meant to go on a date. There was a new branch of one of our favourite restaurants. Then things got heated. I'd worn my best dress. He only wore a hoodie with a cap and jeans. I felt he didn't try. That he didn't want to put in the effort for me.

He made up some bullshit about how he did sl much for us and shit spiraled from there. Then came the storm. He was the only one with an umbrella, since it was drizzling and he'd picked me up.

Long story short, we broke up. I knew it was coming but it still hurt knowing someone I cared about so greatly once was now the one who broke my heart.

I took my phone from my pocket with shaky hands and dialed his number.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Please.

Click.

"Hello?" His rough voice came out crackly through the phone.

"Travis, help." I whispered, tears leaking from my eyes. I could hear the sound of keys jingling on his end.

"Where are you, Tay?" A car door being unlocked.

"I'll send you my location." I said, my voice weak with tears. "Thank you Trav." He was the best. He knew when to push, when to not. When not to ask questions and just do, but also knew when I needed to talk and when he needed to get answers.

I quickly turned on my location, and got a thumbs up emoji in response.

"Stay on the line for me. Can you do that Tay?" He said, voice barely audible over the engine. He was speeding, I realized.

"Mhm." I walked to the nearest lamp post and leaned on it for support, the alcohol still coursing through my system.

"Good girl." My stomach fluttered. "I'm almost there Tay, stay with me." Not even a minute later, I heard the screeching sound of tires and saw the blinding headlights, the rain shimmering from the glow.

"Hey girlie. You okay?" He asked as I clambered into the car. I whimpered from the sudden temperature change and shivers ran down my back, the cold AC not helping at all.

"I'll take you home, sweet pea." He smiled, turning on the piano music that he knew helped calm me down.

I shook my head. "Your house. Please." My voice came out croaky, broken from tears. "Of course."

•             •             •

Upon reaching his place, he ushered me in the house and set up a warm bath for me. This man was seriously an amazing friend.

I pulled my wet dress and underwear off and clambered into the tub. The water was the perfect temperature. He opened the door slightly, not enough to see me but enough to place a towel and a sweatshirt, sweatpants and an extra pair of underwear from the clothes I kept at his house when I stayed over.

"Thank you!" I said. "Holler if you need anything!" He replied.

Taylor sat there, stuck in her own head, thoughts bubbling up as water swirled with her slightest move. Eventually, she rinsed off the bubbles and showered properly before climbing out and drying off.

I took my time, knowing Trav wouldn't mind. I blow dried my hair, my natrual curls popping up and making an appearance.

I threw on the clothes and walked out to the living room to find Trav, watching...was that...Gilmore Girls? He hated Gilmore Girls.

"Since when did you watch this stuff?" I said, sitting next to him, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Since I decided to watch it for you."

"Really?" I asked, truly and utterly dumbfounded. He would do that for me?

"Mhm." He turned to face me, patting the seat next to him. "Sit. I'm not trying to kill you or something."

I sat next to him, my eyes pinned to the screen has he offered he popcorn and Coke.

Some time during the second episode, I ended up curled in his side, his strong arms wrapped around me.

In between the third and fourth episode, he whispered in my ear, "For what it's worth, that dress may be one of your best." I smiled and blushed but whether he saw it was a mystery.

Some time during the fifth episode, according to Trav, I fell asleep. He then brought me to the room and let me rest there.

By then, I was woken from all the movement. "Stay. Please." I said, barely peeking to see in the darkness, exhausted.

He hesitated, but eventually joined me.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I woke up next to Travis Michael Kelce, the man who is now my fiancé almost a year after that incident.

• • •

So, new part!!

I'm now in Italy, and oml the food is so good

This part isn't the longest, but I have been writing on and off the whole day on a bus with shitty connection.

I do wanna say though, I'm still studying, so when school starts early next year (around Jan 2-3) updates will slow down a little, sorry bout that :( but I will try to update as much as possible while I can!

As always, requests go here >>>>

Love you guys, hope you enjoyed this one

-YT xx