Chapter 3: What Is This Feeling

Sundrop’s POV

I sigh sadly as I watch Moondrop walk to his room, and shut the door behind himself. Then I go to my own room. Ugh why did I do that? What was I thinking? I start pacing back and forth around my room, my mind rapidly filling with worry. Oh no oh no, what if Moon doesn’t want to be my friend anymore? Ohh what have I done?
As I pace around, I search for something to do to help get my mind off Moondrop. Finding some paper and colored pencils. I sit down at my desk to draw, but despite this I still can’t get him out of my head. This became even more apparent when I realized what I was drawing. I had accidentally drawn Moondrop… surrounded by what looks to be hearts?
“AARrgGHH!” I shout in frustration. I crumple up the drawing into a ball and throw it across the room. Then I sit on the floor in front of my bed, hugging my legs to my chest and burying my head into my knees and sob quietly. What’s wrong with me…? I wonder.

Moondrop’s POV

I was startled awake when I heard Sundrop yell from the room next to mine, followed by what sounded like crying. Is Sun ok? I wonder as I get out of bed. I should probably go check on him. I open my door and walk over to Sundrop’s room. “Hey uhh Sun… a-are you ok in there?” I ask with a bit of concern in my voice. The sobbing quickly stops and is replaced by a shuffling sound. “Sun, are you ok…?” I ask again, “I-I’m worried about you…”

Sundrop’s POV

H-he’s worried about me? But why? We barely know each other. I quickly try to think of something I can say without telling Moondrop the real reason I was crying. “Yes yes, I’m fine Moon, just banged my elbow on the corner of my desk,” I lie.

Moondrop’s POV

“Ok, I just wanted to make sure,” I respond, sensing that Sundrop was lying and there was something else going on. “I’m just a few steps away if you need me, or just wanna talk,” I say warmly, and go back to my room.

(Time skip to 2 weeks later)

Sundrop’s POV

I wake up early today so I could visit Freddy and ask him for some insight into what’s happening to me and what this strange feeling is. So I get up and creep out of my room, making sure to be as quiet as possible so I don’t wake Moondrop. I make my way to the balcony and attach the bungee cord to the loop on my back, then proceeded to dive to the daycare down below. The bungee cord stops my fall and bounces me up and down a few times until I safely land on the ground. Then I unhook the bungee cord from myself and made my way out of the daycare.

I arrive at Rockstar Row and head in the direction of Freddy’s room. I see the familiar glowing sign that says “Glamrock Freddy Fazbear” in neon orange letters. I walk up to his door and knock lightly.
“Come in,” Freddy says from behind the door. I open the door and walk in. “Oh hello Sun,” Freddy greets me. “Hi Freddy…” I answer, my voice showing that something was troubling me. “Sun… what’s wrong? You sound upset,” Freddy observes, his voice filled with concern. “I-I need your help Freddy, I think something’s wrong with me…” I respond and go over to sit on the couch next to Freddy. “Well I don’t know if I’ll be able to help, but I can try. What’s going on Sun?” He asks.
“W-well…” I hesitate, “anytime I’m around Moon, I start feeling really strange, I-I think there might be a bug in my programming,” I say nervously. “How so?” Freddy pries. “I can’t talk to him without stuttering, my synthetic heart starts to beat faster, It feels like there’s a knot in my stomach. But sometimes when I’m close to him, I just freeze up completely, so I’ve been avoiding him recently,” I explain. “Ohhh Sun you silly goose…” Freddy chuckles, “There's nothing wrong with you, there’s no bug in your system.”
“Then what’s happening to me?” I ask, a little annoyed that Freddy had laughed at me. “Sun… you’re in love, you have a crush on Moon,” Freddy answers, still giggling. NO I DON’T… do I..? You know what, Yes, Yes I do like Moon. “Oh, ok that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the help Freddy, I really appreciate it!” I say happily, then walk out of his room, and go back to the daycare.

800 words wooo