Chapter 8: Day Off

Sun’s POV

I wake up in Moon’s bed the next day. He was still asleep next to me, snoring softly. I move to get up, Ugh… what happened last night, I think while rubbing the sides of my head in a circular motion. The memories suddenly come flushing back to me. Ohh… yeah, I smile as I remember everything that happened the previous night. (Sun doesn't know about Gregory cuz he was asleep when it happened) Looking at the calender Moon has in his room, I realize that we have the day off, due to the extreme weather. I leave the room, closing the door behind me. I quietly walk over to the balcony and dive off the top railing, landing gracefully in the ballpit. Then I grab my sketchbook and find some pencils, pens, and markers. I find a table and sit down to draw something for Moon.

Moon’s POV

I open my eyes to see that Sun wasn’t next to me anymore. I get up and stretch before going to find Sun. I go over to the balcony and survey the daycare below. My eyes flicker around the area, finally fixing on Sun, who was sitting at a table and drawing. Using the bungee cord, I float down over to Sun. “Good morning Sunny,” I say sitting down across from him at the table, “Mind if I join you?” I ask. “Not at all,” Sun replies with a smile, handing me a paper and pencil. “I enjoyed last night,” Sun said, blushing and continued his drawing.
A few minutes pass and I finish my drawing. I lean over to Sun’s side of the table, trying to see what he was drawing. Sun quickly covers the drawing with his arms, “Nope, it’s not done yet Moony,” Sun giggles, glaring at me. I smile and call down the bungee cord, attaching it to myself and having it lift me into the air. “Fine, I’ll wait,” I say, crossing my arms as I float away, hiding the devient look on my face. A few moments later I lower myself down, so that I’m hanging just over Sun. Detaching the bungee cord, I land behind him without making a sound.
I swipe Sun’s sketchbook off the table, “YOINK!” I shout and run off with it. “HEY! Get back here!” Sun yells, laughing as he chases after me. I find someplace to hide and go through his sketchbook. Sun looks everywhere for me, until I sneak up behind him. “BOO!” I exclaim, grabbing his shoulders. “EEK!” Sun shouts, startled and jumps forward. “Heh heh, nice pictures Sunny,” I say, handing the sketchbook back to him. “Th-thanks,” Sun blushed, looking at the ground, smiling shyly.
“Sooo… what are we gonna do today?” I ask, “We do have the day off after all.” Sun walks around and almost trips over a ball that had fallen from the ballpit. He picks up the ball and hurls it at me. But I’m too fast and the ball misses me as I dodge out of the way.

Sun’s POV
“BALL PIT FIGHT!” I shout in delight and run to the ball pit with Moon hot on my trail. We dive in and quickly start throwing balls at each other in rapid succession. Moon eventually gets a headshot on me, knocking me over and I slightly sink into the pit. Moon runs over to where I fell “Are you ok?” he asks, sounding concerned. He extends his arm towards me to help pull me up. I grab his wrist and pull him down into the ball pit as well. “Wha- AAHhg!” he yelped in surprise. We both laugh until we cry, “Heh, that was fun,” Moon smiled and stood up, pulling me up as well. “I'm gonna go play some games around the Pizzaplex, wanna join?” Moon queried, a light smile dancing across his face. “Sure, I’d love to,” I reply.

3rd POV
The two of them walk out of the daycare and head to the arcades. On their way there, they run into Chica. “”Hey guys, where ya goin’?” Chica asked. “Oh, hi Chica, we’re going to the arcades to play some games,” Sun answers. “Oh, mind if I join?” she asked again in excitement. “Nope I don’t mind at all,” Sun says in response, “What about you?” He turns to look at Moon. “Uh sure, she can join us,” Moon replies. They walk over to the arcade and play some games, each of them winning some prizes. After they are done at the arcade, they make their way to Fazerblast, intentionally avoiding Monty’s Gator Golf.
The three animatronics play a few rounds of 1v1v1. “Hahaha! I got you!” Moon gloats. “EEK!” Sun shouts. Moon had shot him, getting him out of the game. “Ha! Nice shot Moon,” Chica remarks. “Thanks Chica,” Moon says smiling, “But you better start running… cuz you’re next…” He finished in a competitive voice. “AAahHH!” Chica squeals and runs away. Sun laughs at this. Moon smiles, seeing his boyfriend having so much fun.
Once the game is over, they go to the prize counter. Moon, having won, collects his prize from the S.A.F.F. bot working there. He chose a large Moondrop plush, and shoves it into Sun’s face. Sun’s eyes light up as he hugs the plush. “Thank you Moony,” Sun says in a sing-songy voice. “Aww, Mooon, that’s so sweeet,” Chica giggles.
“What do you guys wanna do next?” Sun asks the others. “Hmm…” Chica taps her chin in thought, “Ooo, how about we go to the Faztheater to watch some movies!,” Chica blurted. “Good idea Chica! Let’s go put our prizes away and meet back up outside the theater,” Moon responds. The others nod and head to their rooms, Sun and Moon walking next to each other as they walk back to the daycare. The three of them meet back at the theater entrance. They get their popcorn and settle down in their seats for a long night of watching movies. Moon sat next to Sun, who leaned his head on Moon’s shoulder. Chica saw this and snickered, but didn’t say anything. Aww, how cute, I knew they would get together eventually, Chica thought, aannd noowww, Roxy owes me 10 Fazbucks, her thoughts continued.

1047 words