Chapter 4: Something Is Wrong

(This is happening while sun goes to see Freddy)

Moondrop’s POV

I wake up and drag myself out of bed. I go to Sundrop’s room to wake him up as well. Recently, he’s been acting really weird and has been avoiding me for the past week and a half and I’m not sure what to do, I just hope I didn’t do anything wrong.
I knock on Sundrop’s door, “Sun it’s time to wake up!” I call to Sundrop. There’s no response, so I open the door. “Sun! C’mon, the daycare’s opening soon, you need to wa-. Sun?” I say, realizing he isn’t there.
I step into the room to look for him. Sadly, I didn’t find Sundrop, but I did see a crumpled piece of paper on the floor. I walk over to pick it up and carefully uncrumple it. It was a picture of me with hearts all around it.
Aww… how sweet, I think as I bring it back to my room and tape it to a wall, assuming that a kid drew it. Then I head to the balcony, using the bungee cable system to lower me down to the daycare area, so I can start the pre-opening chores.
I start picking up the toys and art supplies that the kids were using yesterday. Where could Sun be? I wonder as I continue cleaning. A few minutes later I hear one of the large doors at the daycare entrance open. I look over to see who it could be. It was Sundrop.
“Hi Moon, sorry I wasn’t here earlier, I was chatting with Freddy,” Sundrop spoke, sounding a bit nervous. He walks right past me without saying a word, and goes to grab a broom. We finish the morning chores about 30 minutes later, and I was about to go talk to him about why he’s been ignoring me and how much I hated it, when the first few kids enter the daycare and run up to hug Sundrop and I. Oh well… I guess I’ll just confront him about it later I decide.

(Time skip to naptime)

Once Sundrop and I finish putting all the children to bed, I decide that I’d go see if Freddy can tell me what’s going on with Sundrop since they had been talking earlier today. “Hey Sun, are you ok watching the kids alone while I head over to El Chip’s to get something to eat?” I ask quietly, lying about where I would be going. “Sure, go ahead, just be quiet when you come back so you don’t wake any of the kids,” Sun replies in a whisper. I nod and leave the daycare, going past the food court, and heading to Freddy’s green room, where he usually is at this time of day.
I knock on the door, “Hey Freddy, can I talk to you?” I ask. “Sure, come on in,” Freddy answered. I step in and see Freddy sitting on a chair, where he had been opening some mail that his fans have sent him. I sit down on the couch across from him. “Freddy, I think there’s something wrong with Sun, he’s been acting weird around me lately and I’m not sure why,” I explain.
Freddy shifts uncomfortably in his chair. “I don’t think Sun would appreciate me telling you this,” Freddy hesitated, “But I’m sure Sun will tell you himself when he’s ready.” he continued. Growling in frustration and anger, as I storm out of Freddy’s room. “Well he sure was a HUGE help,” I say sarcastically as I angrily trudge back to the daycare.

602 words