Chapter 11: Rebuilt

(Time skip to a week later, and it's night time)

Bonnie's POV

It's been a week since this new incident and Sun hasn't left Moon's bedroom since the morning after the new 'Monty Incident'. The daycare has been shut down for that reason. Sun has been stuck in sleep mode the whole time, curled up with Moon's head. He is severely depressed. Management wouldn't give my green room or place in the band back, so I am still staying in Sun's room.
I gather my courage to go try talking to him. I knock on the door, hoping for, but not expecting an answer. As I expected, there was no answer so I open the door, sighing sadly. I enter and see Sun laying on Moon's bed.
"Hey Sunshine, are you ok?" I ask, walking over and sitting on the bed next to Sun. "Everyone is really worried about you, I'm worried about you..." Sun doesn't reply. My ears droop down. "Sun... please..." I whisper, tears welling up in my eyes. There's still no reply, but I keep sitting with Sun for a while, hoping and praying that he would say something.
"I'll leave you alone, Sun, but please... just say something, give me a sign that you're functioning, a nod, a grunt, anything..." a tear rolls down my cheek. "I- I don't want to lose you Sun," I mumble, my ears droop even more. "I'm- I'm not sure if you can even hear me right now, but just know that I'm here for you. And no matter how bad things get, you will always have me to come back to," I sob quietly, still sitting there, just waiting for Sun to say something. Feeling Sun shift around next to me, my ears perk up a little. I feel Sun put his hand on mine.
"Bonnie...? I- is that you?" Sun questions, his voice wavering. "Sun, I'm here. What is it? Are you ok?" I ask quickly. Sun starts crying, "I miss him so much, I'm never gonna see my Moondrop again. He's- he's- he's," Sun inhales, "He's dee-e-e-eaddd~" Sun yowls in despair. I pull him to me and hug him tightly. "It's ok Sunshine, Moon isn't gone. The engineers and I are rebuilding him. Don't worry, you will see him again, but it may take some time before he's ready," I reply calmly. "Moon is... a- alive!?" Sun asks, his face brightens up a bit. Sun looks up at me, hope filling his gaze. I nod and Sun hugs me even tighter.
"But..." I take a deep breath preparing to give Sun some bad news. "The engineers are rebuilding Monty as well," I frown, "But I crushed his memory chip in the fight. I refused to help rebuild him, Sora supported my decision," I finish, still frowning.
"Oh no no no! Why are they rebuilding him?! Don't they know what he's done, how much pain he's caused?!" Sun panics. "Yes, and the engineers didn't want to rebuild Monty either. But management told them to do it anyways and threatened to take their jobs if they didn't comply," I continue. "Management only cares about profit and the company's image," I finish, scowling at the thought of Monty coming back.
"You don't need to worry though, I won't let this new Monty anywhere near you or Moon. Ok Sunshine?" I look down at Sun when I don't get a reply. He went limp in my arms. Sun clearly couldn't handle the idea of Monty returning at all with his fragile state of mind, forcing himself into a system reboot. "Oh shit, Sun... I- I didn't mean to- to send you into a reboot, I'm sorry..." I apologize, tucking Sun back into bed. I hesitate for a moment before giving Sun a quick kiss on his forehead, "I love you Sunshine..." I mumble. Dammit! Why did I do that...? Sun is in love with Moon, not me...
Embarrassed, I get up to leave the room. "......Love you... too...... Bonnie..." Sun mumbles quietly, falling into sleep mode once again. It caught me by surprise. Does- does he? Does he really like me, I ask myself hopefully, my face turning slightly pink. I smile and quietly leave the room.

(Time skip to one month later)

I was in Parts & Services, standing just outside the safety cylinder. The engineers were about to finally power Moon on. Ohh Sun is gonna be so happy to see Moon again. "Hey Bonnie, we're ready to turn him on. You've been such a big help with rebuilding Moon, thank you. Would you like to do the honors?" asks one of the engineers. "I would love to," I nod, walking over to them. "Just push that little button over there," the engineer instructs, pointing to a blue button. I press it and wait for something to happen. "Powering on... rebooting systems... checking parameters... locking servos... updating data..." Moon says in a very robotic way, twitching a bit.
A few moments pass and Moon opens his eyes. "WHAT'S GOING ON?! WHERE AM I?! WHERE'S MONTY, WHERE'S SUN?! IS HE HURT?!" Moon shrieks, shooting up from the service chair, looking around frantically. He was clearly panicking. I look at the engineers, asking for permission to enter the cylinder. They nod and open it. I cautiously step in and the door shuts behind me. Moon spots me and runs over, hyperventilating. I pull Moon into a hug, to try and calm him down. "It's ok, Moon. It's ok, it's over," I say in my most calming voice. Moon looks up at me, his eyes wide with fear and panic, "Wha- what happened? Is- is Sun ok...?"
"Well... we had to completely rebuild you from scratch. Monty completely destroyed your body. Sun told Monty that he could do whatever he wanted to him, as long as he stopped hurting you. And then-" I get cut off by Moon sobbing. "Did- did Monty kill him...?" Moon's eyes well up with tears. "My Sunny is dead... isn't he..." Moon whispers, just loud enough that only I could hear it. I shake my head. "No, Sun is alive. I saved him before Monty could do any real harm to him. Other than a few scrapes, scratches, and a dent or two, physically, he's fine," I pause for a breath. "Mentally however, he's completely broken. Sun is lost without you Moon. He hasn't left your room since the morning after it happened. Sun is constantly holding your old head, talking to it, he doesn't put it down for more than a few minutes, and he screams if anyone tries to take it. Sun has been up there for over a month, just... sobbing, waiting for you to come back..." I explain, sighing sadly.
"S- Sun's a- a- alive?" Moon asks, his voice quivering but hopeful. I nod and Moon's eyes brighten. "Can- can I go see him?" Moon wipes the tears from his eyes.
I look at one of the engineers outside the cylinder with a questioning expression. They give a nod of approval. "Yes, you can see him," I reply, letting Moon out of the hug. "Thank you, Bonnie. Thank you for keeping Sunny safe when I wasn't able to," Moon says in a meaningful tone, as I lead him back to the daycare and open the doors. As soon as I do, Moon darts in and zooms over to his bungee cord. He quickly attaches it to himself and flies up to the balcony. I step into the daycare as well but I don't follow Moon, wanting to give him and Sun some time alone.

Ok I lied. Chapter 10 wasn't the Christmas special. Yes it was extra long but that's because it had to be. So the next chapter is the real Christmas special, and for your enjoyment I will be making it a smut chapter. As always, happy reading. I'll try to post it on Christmas Day as it is already in production. 😁

1335 words