she's finally here

The morning sun dawned bright and clear as Matthew Hillman walked towards the courtyard from his dorm 

As Matthew strolled up the tree-lined, he noticed was the sizable crowd gathered. Curious murmurs and uneasy glances were exchanged between students as Matthew made his way over.

"Hey man, check it out," Matthew's best friend Eric Greene said, materializing at his side. "Looks like they set up some giant platform on the field. People are saying that's where the portal is gonna open up." 

Eric was tall and broad-shouldered with tousled blond hair and an easygoing demeanor that made him instantly likable. The two had been as close as brothers since grade school. Matthew felt reassured to have his most trusted friend by his side as they took in the strange spectacle.

In the middle of the football field, an imposing metal structure now stood. It rose at least 200 feet tall, glinting coldly in the morning light. Technicians in hazmat suits swarmed all over it, making adjustments to the intricate framework surrounding a shimmering vertical pool at the center. The air seemed to ripple and bend around that focal point, hinting at the supernatural forces being contained.

"Do you think that's really it?" Matthew asked uneasily. Though only 16, he was tall for his age, already topping 6 feet, with shaggy brown hair that constantly fell into his bright blue eyes. But even someone of his impressive height felt tiny standing in the shadow of the alien machine.

"Has to be," Eric replied grimly. "Guess this is really happening, bro. That thing is gonna open up any minute and let some colossal giant through and our lives would pretty much change"

A hush fell over the gathered crowd as the technicians cleared the platform, their work apparently complete. Everyone's eyes remained fixed on the shimmering portal, waiting in dreadful anticipation for it to activate. 

Matthew shuddered at the thought of beings so immense that humans barely registered, no one really knew what to expect when giants became part of daily life.

Beside him, Eric shifted uneasily from foot to foot. "Man, I know we've been anxious for weeks about this day. But now that it's here..."

"I know," Matthew replied quietly. "It's pretty scary from what we've heard." He rubbed his sweaty palms on his pants as a teacher called for absolute silence.

After a few terse instructions about maintaining distance, the technicians pressed a sequence of buttons on the platform controls. The air seemed to thicken with energy as an electrical hum built in the air. Squinting against the brightness, Matthew watched in awe as the rippling gateway smoothed into a glossy, vertical pool. The surface shone like a mirror, reflecting the anxious faces of the crowd.

"Is it ready?" Principal Collins shouted up to the technicians. At their thumbs up, she nodded and turned to address the school.

"Alright, we are going to proceed with the exchange," her voice echoed across the hushed sports field. "I must remind all students to remain calm and keep your distance."

With that, she gestured to the technicians who entered a complex code into the control panel. The humming intensified as the portal began to swirl with hypnotic energy. Several students backed away nervously but Matthew found himself drawn forward like a moth to a flame. This was really happening.

After an agonizing minute of building power, the shimmering gateway suddenly flashed blindingly bright. Matthew shielded his eyes, heart lurching.

Then, a figure stepped out of ador to the side  hesitantly towards the portal, Matthew recognized him immediately he was so caught up on what was coming that he forgot that something was also going - Mathew Hogwarts, he's name pair from class. The lanky boy looked around with wide eyes, taking in the hushed crowd.