hanging out with a celdenss

Haha, the story is not dead,.......yet

Eric shuffled on the smooth wooden surface, struggling to find his footing. The familiar fibers of Nina's shirt brushed against his arm as she steadied herself beside him. They were perched precariously on the edge of the colossal cabinet situated along the far wall of Mia's dorm room.

"We shouldn't be up here," Eric muttered. "What if she thinks we're trespassing and she ..."

"Shhh!" Nina nudged him, nodding towards the looming figure sprawled on an enormous bed on the opposite side of the room.

Mia lay with her back against a pile of pillows, thoroughly engrossed in her phone. Her fingers glided across the screen, as she aimlessly scrolled, the blue glow casting an eerie shimmer across her face. everything about Mia was dauntingly supersized - the bed nearly 5 times the size of an average human house. she seemed oblivious to Nina and Eric's presence, caught up in her digital world.

"Now's our chance, let's go!" Nina whispered. She began edging sideways along the cabinet towards the dresser. Eric hesitated, eying the gap between the furniture silently calculating if he could make the jump.

Nina paid him no attention. Reaching the corner, she gathered her skirts and leapt gracefully across, landing neatly on the adjacent surface. Eric took a deep breath, steeled himself, and pushed off after her. For a heart-stopping moment he was airborne, arms wheeling through empty space. Then his feet hit the wood and he stumbled, dropping to his knees.

Behind him came a mirthless chuckle that reverberated through the room. "Who are you guys and what are you doing here, no longer afraid?"

Eric's heart sank. Glancing back, he saw Mia regarding them with amusement, phone forgotten. Her piercing eyes tracked their every movement.

"I told you this was a terrible idea," Eric grumbled under his breath.

"Oh come on,just stick to the plan!" Nina retorted, though her face had paled considerably.

Mia's lips curved into a knowing smirk. With feline grace, she rolled to the side of the bed and leaned an elbow casually on the cabinet, towering over the two tiny, trembling figures.

"So..." she purred, "to what do I owe this little visit?"

Her voice was rich and smooth like velvet. This close, Her iridescent eyes danced with curiosity and something that set him on edge...hunger?

Beside him Nina quailed, strands of auburn hair sticking to her sweat-dampened neck. But Eric stood tall, jutting out his chin. "We just wanted to talk to you, that's all," he announced, hoping the tremors in his voice weren't obvious.

Mia's pencil-thin brows shot upwards. "Oh really?" she purred. "And what could two little morsels like you possibly have to say that would interest me?"

Morsels. The word sent a spike of unease through Eric's gut. Rumors of celdens taste for humans like him were well known around campus, Mia's presence instinctively put him on the defensive.

Still, he refused to show weakness.

"We just thought, since we're class mates we should come introduce ourselves," he improvised. "Make you feel welcome."

"Really, How very thoughtful," Mia chuckled. "And just who might you be?"

"I'm Eric. This is my friend Nina. We live at the other side of the school grounds"

"Charmed," Mia purred, though her expression remained amused, as if enjoying some private joke. She extended her index fingernail, using the tip to tilt Eric's chin up. "Don't believe I've seen either of you around before.