[EP 3] Panic sets in

Phuwin was pacing his office when Joong and his company left. He looked at Dunk with a hand in his hair

"Do you have any idea what you signed up for?! What do we tell Pond?" Phuwin was panicking at this point.

"What do you need to tell me?" Pond walked in at an uncanny timing. Phuwin stopped dead in his track. He didn't know what to tell his mate. He has basically sold Dunk to solidify his place as the head of the Tangsakyuen clan. He may be the dominant one in the relationship but an alpha's rage was no laughing matter. Dunk clasped Phuwin's hand.

"Phi mai huang. Phi mei pid (don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong). Calm down before people can scent you through your scent blocker." Dunk tried to calm Phuwin down.

"Phi Pond, fang dee dee na (listen carefully). Don't make any comments before I finish." Dunk knew there was no escaping and hopefully Pond will listen to reason. Pond was silent throughout Dunk's explanation of what just transpired.

"I'm going to be Joong Archen's bodyguard that's final. It's for the best, Phi Pond. The elders will have no reason to deny Phi Tang the position of the head of the clan, they can no longer oppose your position as his alpha. It secures our position in the Tangsakyuen clan." He pleaded for Pond to see reason. Pond wished he could find fault with Dunk's logic but there was none. Even though he may be Phuwin's true mate, his family had never really acknowledged their mating. Dunk and him were rogues without a pack, what more a clan to back them up. He sighed. He looked at Phuwin. His mate had never looked so lost and vulnerable from the time he met him. He went over to give him a hug, whispering words of comfort to his ears.

"We have one week." Phuwin spoke to his chest. Pond closed his eyes at that, not wanting to face the reality of it.

"I'll be fine, Phi Pond. I'll be wearing scent blocker, I'll take suppressants. He won't know. He'll think I'm a beta." Pond looked at Dunk, his once innocent bright eye look was now dimmed by the reality of their life for the past 7 years.

"Phu and I will train you personally. You will need to beat the best alpha bodyguard on the team within a week. This Joong may take a liking to you but I doubt the Guntithanon clan will be kind to a beta bodyguard. It will be a blasphemy if they knew you are an omega. You have to be extra careful." Pond can't help but worry for Dunk. Dunk nodded, giving both of them a hug, assuring them that everything will be fine.

***

Pond couldn't sleep that night. He stared at the ceiling, weighing in the implication for Dunk.

"If Dunk is good, Joong takes a liking to him. It may be safer for him. At least he won't be force into an arranged mating by the elders. If Dunk has Guntithanon clan as his backup they will have no say." Phuwin trying to look at the bright side in this turn of event. Pond sighed.

"I'm just afraid that he likes Dunk a little too much and wants him as his mate." Dunk may be too tall and broad for an omega but his delicate features would be his downfall.

"The Guntithanon clan wouldn't allow Joong to have just anyone as his mate, they are talking about the clan omega of the Guntithanon clan after all" Pond was quiet. He didn't dare to tell Phuwin that Dunk wasn't just any ordinary omega. He was afraid that the Tangsakyuen elders would have sold him to the highest bidder if they knew. Up till this day, he hasn't told anyone of the truth about Dunk. He was afraid of the danger that Dunk may face.  

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

---

A/N: Just to help you understand a lil further, Dunk is still considered a rogue because he had not pledge his allegiance to the Tangsakyuen clan. Pond would not allow it because he is afraid that elders will sell Dunk off in the guise of an arrange marriage that he has no say over it. It doesn't mean that they can't right now but it'll make it more difficult without his agreement.  

I intended for this series to be a JD series.. but now I feel like its a JDPP series 🤣🤣 I'm not really sure in the end. We'll see how it unfolds. 

what do you think of it so far?