[EP 26] Fighting for their lives

"Dunk! Dunk!" Joong called out as he slammed the car door shut. Meen stopped him.

"Joong Archen Guntithanon! Control yourself! You may be the heir of the Guntithanon clan but this is not the Guntithanon compound. You will behave!" Meen's commanding voice stopped Joong in his track.

"Let me speak to Dunk, please Loong (Uncle)" Joong looked at Meen with pleading eyes. Meen sighed looking at his state of dishevel.

"He's in town getting supplies. They'll probably be at the grocery shop right now." Joong snatched the keys from Ohm, leaving Ohm behind as he drove off to find Dunk.

***

Dunk had fun getting to know Boun and Prem. They were an interesting couple. Their dynamic was sort of like Pond and Phuwin but they act sort of like Ohm and Leng. He felt like he was home. He wondered how Phi Den was currently. He shook his head trying to get rid of the thought. He's here to forget about him, he reminded himself before going back to his task. He looked down at the list of things that they were supposed to get. When he looked up, he wondered if he wasn't trying hard enough to forget Phi Den. There he stood, looking disheveled and tired at the same time. He couldn't understand why he would conjure such an image of him.

"Dunk..." Joong rushed forward to hug him. Dunk's eyes widen when he realized that it wasn't his imagination.

"Hey!" Boun was about to pull them apart before Prem stopped him.

"Leave them alone, BB. We still have supplies to get ." Prem dragged Boun away.

Dunk missed the warmth of Joong's hugs but he knew he shouldn't. So, he pushed Joong away.

"You shouldn't be here. Your mate wouldn't like it." He said coldly as he collected the items on the list.

"I don't have a mate. She sprained her ankle. I brought her to the room. That's all. I didn't know she had her own agenda." He desperately willed Dunk to believe him.

"Even if I were to believe you. It's just a matter of time before you need to find your own mate. Having me is an inconvenience in your relationship. No mate of yours will accept my existence." He grabbed the purchase after paying the cashier. Joong snatched it over, leading Dunk to the car. He strapped Dunk in.

"I don't need any mate. I only need you." Joong said firmly as he started driving.

"Phi Joong... be serious. You are the heir of the Guntithanon clan. You'll need to find a clan omega." Joong's heart dropped when Dunk lost the term endearment that was reserved for him.

"Don't call me that! Please Dunk, I'm always your Phi Den. That will never change." Joong reached out a hand to Dunk while the other was on the steering wheel. But Dunk's mind was on something else.

"Dieow gorn (wait a minute), did you come alone? Did Khun Paaw have the elite team follow you or did Phi Tang arrange a security team for you?" Dunk noticed that a few cars had been following them for a while.

"No, I came with Ohm but I left him at the Khajornborirak compound." Joong noticed what Dunk was seeing.

"Whose car is this?" He didn't have any weapon on him but if this was Ohm's car, they may have a chance.

"Ohm's" Dunk dove to the backseat, pushed down one of the seats to access the weapons that Ohm usually store at the trunk of the car. He grabbed a few that would be useful to him.

"Get up the highway. We need to get out of city limits. We don't want to hurt any civilian." Dunk instructed. Joong followed accordingly. Once they hit the highway, Dunk shot the rear window. He positioned his rifle, targeting the drivers of the cars. One of the cars veered off the road. He targeted the next car. A bullet flew past him. He decided to cut his losses, threw a hand grenade at them. The car exploded.

Joong's anxiety rose as he heard gun shots and loud blasts from behind. He had no control and he was afraid for Dunk's safety. His inner alpha felt frustrated that he wasn't protecting his mate. It was only when Dunk came back to the front seat that his heart started to calm down.

"We can't go back to the Khajornborirak compound. We don't know if there are still others." He couldn't afford to bring danger to his new home. It was then that he realized the road leads to the small house that Pond and him used to stay when they were roaming around. He gave Joong the direction, asking him to stop the car a few miles away from it. He didn't want their attackers to know where they were heading. He carried a backpack loaded with weapons. He passed two Glocks to Joong. He grabbed the food they bought. Joong offered to carry it for him. He checked his phone but it was dead. He asked Joong for his but it was dead as well. There was no way to call for back up. They were on their own. He hoped that Pond knows where to find them. 

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

---

A/N: it's getting intense😬😬I have to say that any fight scenes be it physical fight or gun fights are not easy for me to write but I try. How do you find it so far? 

Additional supporting cast, Boun and Prem if you are not familiar with them: