[EP 33] The past unveiled

Joong was stunned to find out that his sunflower was actually his betrothal. What were the odds that they met on their own terms and fell in love. It was by the doing of the Moon Goddess that this was possible. He saw Dunk walked up to his Paaw, showing him the picture of his parents and taking off his family signet. Sarawat nodded. He confirmed that Dunk is the son of Watthanasetsiri clan alpha.

"He has to prove that he is a true omega. Only a true omega can shift" Joong was starting to get annoyed with this person who kept opposing but there were too many people in the room to detect who this person was. The elders had agreed with the suggestion. This was the first time Joong saw his Pa's face darken in public. He had asked the waiting staff to grab a large blanket. Tine gestured to Joong, Dunk, Pond and Phuwin to come over as he walked them to a more secluded area of the hall. Sarawat followed closely behind. Joong was mad when he realized that they were asking Dunk to shift in the hall. They couldn't even give him the privacy to shift. Sarawat, Tine, Pond and Phuwin had to bear witness to the shift. The elders were about to protest that they too should bear witness but one death glare from Sarawat did the trick. He had given them enough leeway as it is.

Joong clasped Dunk's hand, hoping to give him the comfort that he needs. Dunk sighed as he took off his clothes. All he had on was his boxers. He took a deep breathe as he willed himself to relax for the shift to happen.

Sarawat, Tine, Pond, and Phuwin were holding the blanket as they waited for Dunk to shift. Even though Phuwin looked calm on the exterior, he was fuming mad at this point. He couldn't believe that his mate had actually kept a secret from him, not just any secret but a secret about Dunk. He thought that with their bond it goes without saying that there should be trust between them. However, the moment he saw Dunk shift, he began to understand where his mate was coming from. There was no privacy within the Tangsakyuen compound. If words were to get out, Dunk would have been sold before they could disagree. Those late night outings between Pond and Dunk began to make sense. Dunk would need to stretch into his true form from time to time.

Joong couldn't believe his eyes at the beautiful wolf in front of him. He was silver with spots of gold like sunburst on his body, which he knew was due to the recent mating. Joong held the blanket in his hand as they revealed Dunk's true form. Everyone in the room was in awe. They had only seen their clan alpha and clan omega in their true form. Joong had rarely appear in public in his true form. It was a rarity among the clan to witness another who can shift.

Dunk suddenly sniffed the air in his wolf form , as if sensing something. Joong was shocked to hear his growl. When he started charging and pushed Green to the ground, he didn't know what to make of it. Green cried in fear as Dunk was on top of him. Joong rushed towards Dunk, covering him with the blanket.

"Come back to me, my sunflower." Dunk didn't shift back fully. His fangs were sticking out, his fingers were claw like as he held on to Green's throat. Joong persuaded him to relax his hold.

"You!! I'd recognize your scent anywhere! Your scent was all over the Watthanasetsiri compound." Dunk had gone back to the compound after the fire. He just couldn't let it go despite Pond's warning. He needed to know who did it and why. He needed to avenge his clan but he didn't have much to go on with. He knew Mondschein was hired for the job. That was how he first got to know about them. They had a very distinct scent due to the work they do but there was a scent around the area of the Watthanasetsiri compound that didn't make sense until now.

"Impossible, I've put on my scent blocker. You couldn't hav-" Green realized his mistake when he saw his mate's eyes widen at his near confession.

"You think that a mere scent blocker would mean anything in my true form?!" Green was stunned. He wasn't wrong since he is wearing scent blocker right now. Everyone in the room is wearing scent blocker but he singled him out in the crowd.

"Why did you do it?! You killed the whole Watthanasetsiri clan! You set it on fire. Why?!" Dunk was about to choke the life out of him if Joong didn't stop him. Green was gasping for air but he was laughing. Dim could barely recognize the man that had been his mate for three decades.

"So that my son can be clan alpha. As long as there is no true omega out there. It's all fair game." Green laughed. He looked towards Dim with hatred in his eyes.

"You're the eldest but yet you are not the clan alpha! I had hope that our son would be a true alpha but that went down the drain. So I needed to get rid of the possibility of Joong ever finding a true omega mate. When that's done all that's left was getting rid of Joong altogether. But our son wasn't smart enough to cover his tracks." Green had laughed bitterly. Dim couldn't believe his ears.

"You poisoned our son for your greed!" Sarawat tried to calm his brother down as he asked the elite team to take Green away.

"My family, my entire clan for the title of clan alpha..." Dunk collapsed to the ground. His cry of despair echoed through the Guntithanon compound. Joong rushed forward to support him as  he blacked out from the emotion that overwhelmed his body. Pond and Phuwin rushed towards them.

***

Joong was wiping Dunk's face with a wet towel. The doctor said that Dunk was fine. Joong really wondered what he meant by fine. Nothing was fine with what happened. He knew it wasn't anyone's fault but his Uncle Green's but it was all for the Guntithanon clan alpha title. He wondered if his mate will still have the heart to stay with him.

"Don't leave me, my sunflower" He whispered as he hugged Dunk to sleep that night. 

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

---

A/N: sorry, DimGreen fans. But yup, here's another bomb drop. That was a really emotional scene to write. I had to walk away after Dunk's last scene. But no worries na, I've uploaded 2 EP at a go. 

The person who kept voicing out and instigated the elders was actually Green. 

How could Dunk still scent Dim and ppl from Mondschein since it was burned to the ground? Their scent would still cling to the surrounding area of the Watthanasetsiri compound. 

oh yea, Dunk is only hypersensitive to scent in his true form that's why he didn't scent the 4 attackers in Chiang Khan but relied on the tattoo.  

What's the distinct scent from Mondschein? gunpowder and bloodlust.