Chapter 2: look at her!!

Charlie's POV:

(there will be A LOT of time skipping in the book btw so time skip colette is 2 months old)

Colette has been cooing a lot lately and it's honestly so cute. it's simple random baby noise but every time she does it nick and i die.

It's currently 3:27 PM and sarah is over. nick has started to feel bad that his mum is alone so we've been inviting her over a lot. i mean she loves it because she gets to see colette and i guess us but mostly colette.

Nick: "oh mum i wanted to ask, is it normal that she doesn't cry much? or is that like not good?"

Sarah: "it's normal, you never cried much either. when does she usually cry?"

Charlie: "when she's hungry or just tired"

Nick: "or struggles to pick something up"

Charlie: "that was a nightmare"

Sarah: "what are you talking about?"

Charlie: "this idiot over here, was trying to teach our daughter to pick up a rugby ball and when she obviously couldn't she cried."

Sarah just starts to laugh and slip nick off at the same time, this makes me laugh too.

Nick: "the hell did i do??"

Sarah, still laughing: "you tried to make your two month old daughter, my sweet baby angel who will never do anything wrong, play rugby!"

Nick: "i wanted to make sure she had practice!"

I laugh harder and then look over at colette who is on the kitchen floor with a few toys, now hands and legs in the air diaper almost off and smiling. wait smiling??

Charlie: "Nick look at her!!! she's smiling!!!!

Nick turns his head so fast i thought his neck would break, he watches and smiles, then pulls his phone out and takes a picture.

Sarah: "she is so cute!"

there's a pause of us just watching her smile until sarah decides to speak up.

Sarah: "she's cute but you better put a new diaper on her before she shits all over the floor."

I go pick her up and run upstairs to change her.

Nicks POV:

Nick: "you say that she's gonna shit on the floor like someone did that before."

Sarah: "yeah, you, I called you shits for a good 2 months after that until you started talking"