Chapter 7: Happy birthday Colette!!

Authors note: heyyy beautiful people!!! Wanted to say happy holidays, sorry i took a little unannounced break there but i'm back and ready to write! i've got the creative mindset back and i hope you enjoy!! ⚠️⚠️⚠️THERE WILL BE ANOTHER NOTE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER SO PLEASE READ!!!!!⚠️⚠️⚠️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nicks POV:

It is about 7:30 AM and Collette's big day!! She is turning two, which i guess is a big milestone. She's been speaking a bit more (2-3) words at a time and running. like really running. She's been eating solid foods, following a few directions, and she's been in a daycare for a few hours throughout the week and i pick her up after work. I think it's helped charlie a lot more to get our toddler out of the house.

Clover has been doing really well for herself too. she's planning on moving out soon and has been actively looking for places to live. her relationship with Kai has been going really well too! they are really nice and pretty funny, it's honestly a perfect match for Clove. They've also been hoping to move in together. Charlie and I make it very clear that if something happens she is always welcome to stay with us.

Speak of the devil, Clover comes from the basement in sweats and a t-shirt charlie let her borrow the other day.

Nick: "morning clover!"

Clover: "mmm"

Nick: "i have your coffee"

I slide the mug with my elbow -to her, making to keep whisking the pancake mix. She takes the mug, leans against the counter, and takes a sip.

Clover: "good morning, Nicholas Nelson"

I giggle slightly, trying to stay focused on breakfast.

Clover: "why are you so focused on pancakes like it's not that deep"

Nick: "it is that deep, i've never made pancakes for Colette before and i want her to know that her daddy, is a better chef"

Clover: "respectfully her pops is a better cook and her dad is a better baker"

Nick: "haha shut the fuck up"

Clover: "okay damn no need to be so rude , dickhead"

Nick: "i made you coffee, and i've made coffee for you since you arrived here i don know how im rude"

She stood for a second until we both heard colette scream and charlie laugh

Colette: "BIRFDAY!!" (birthday)

I check the time and it's about 8:00 which is usually when she gets up on weekends.

I start to plate the pancakes on plastic plates (i don't trust using glass plates before god only knows what toddlers can do) when i hear both charlie and colette slid down the stairs! I can tell charlie is doing it because after ever step:

Charlie: "aw! shaz!"

Yeah, after the F-word incident we started to come up with 'swears' that we can actually say.

After a few seconds colette comes running into the kitchen! i barely even catch a glimpse at her before she's on my leg and yelling.

Colette: "Daddy Birfday!!! Birfday Daddy!!"

I go to pick her up and she's in Merida's princess dress. It's way too big in her so the sleeves are falling off, but we will fix that later. I pick her up and hold her above my head.

Nick: "Birthday? who's birthday?"

Colette: "Me, daddy!!!"

Charlie: "it's daddy's birthday?"

Colette: "Noo papa!! it me birfday!"

She pours into my chest and i laugh.

Nick: "well in the case, i have a very good food for today"

She doesn't really understand what breakfast, lunch, and dinner mean/are so we just say we're eating good food, great food, and amazing food.

She gives me a big smile and wiggles to get out of my arms. I set her down and she runs to her chair at the table and charlie helps her to get up to it. I serve food and we have a lovely breakfast.

~After breakfast~

Nicks POV (still):

Colette wanted to have a little dance party to all of us (including clover) went into the living room and played some disney music as we danced and sang along.

In the middle of the "When will my life begin" Someone rings the doorbell and i go to answer it.

By the time i got there i saw mum standing the house with a little bag in hand.

Nick: "mum i was coming to door"

Sarah: "yeah, but i let myself in"

I just roll my eyes and laugh going over to hug her. After a few moments, we hear colette's little feet rubbing through the kitchen and to the front door.

Colette: "MIMI!!!"

mum crouches to the floor

Sarah: "Hello darling!! happy birthday princess!!"

They both just giggle for a moment as they hug, i can tell they're scheming but i don't say anything as im a little more interested in seeing what they plan on doing...

See ya in part 2

VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:::

Heyyy, i made a playlist is Spotify and only on Spotify for Nick and Charlie! 

in case you are curious here's the name and cover!! if you are interested don't be afraid to listen to it! I did work really hard on it for y'all🫶🫶

Anyways, Happy new year! idk when i'll port next but it'll be soon so stay tuned. Love yall💗💗