Chapter 19: Piss off

Nicks POV:

We arrive at the beach and with fairly any traffic. I park 5 minutes away from the beach so we can easily arrive and leave.

Nick: "okay colette, we're here!"

Colette: "finally!! long car"

Char giggles and starts to get out of the car.

Nick: "well before we go I have some rules. "

I turn around so i'm looking at her. She just looks at me with a smile so i might as well start talking..

Nick: "You don't go ANYWHERE without daddy or papa, okay?"

She nods.

Nick: "You don't go in the water. We can put our feet in, but you also have to be with daddy or papa."

Colette: "Yes daddy!!"

Charlie: "Don't pick anything up unless me or daddy say it's okay."

She starts to whine.

Colette: "go nowwwww??"

Nick: "yep! gimme a second to get you out of you car seat!"

She starts to kick her feet again, this time more annoyed.

Charlie is in the trunk getting our picnic basket out and a backpack, while i unbuckle colette and pick her up.

Nick: "do you wanna switch?"

Charlie: "yes please!"

I place colette on the ground and charlie grabs her hand. i take the basket and start to pull on the backpack, finally taking it off of his back and putting it on.

Nick: "Alright, we're ready let's go!!"

Colette: "YAY! BEACH!!"

She yells. Charlie and i can't help but laugh, feeling a wave of nostalgia as we walk onto the beach, our beach.

Charlie: "okay baby where do you wanna sit?"

Colette start to look around and points near our spot so, of course we set our stuff down. I pull out the towels and lay them out for us.

Colette: "look daddy water!"

Nick: "i see baby! Do you wanna stick your feet in the water?"

She nods excitedly and i turn to char.

Nick: "you coming?"

Charlie: "I need to sit for a second"

I nod and take Colette's hand. Then, i take out shoes off so we can dip our feet in.

As we walk down to the water, i catch a glimpse of a few guys, older and younger than us walking down the beach-

Colette: "Daddy it cold!"

Nick: "yeah pumpkin, the water gets cold cause it's chilly in the air. Do you understand that?"

She nods and smiles. she starts to reach down to touch the water and i let her dip her little fingers in the water and stop her there. She starts to babble and wonder in a circle around me as i just watch until i hear.

???: "Ayyy what's your fine ass doing here alone??"

I turn around to find this old man yelling at charlie as they walk by.

Charlie: "I'm not alone dickhead!"

The guys turn around me see me standing there, now holding my daughter's hand.

???: "ayyy your pretty fine too, yall trynna do a threesome?"

Nick: "Piss off!"

He laughs at literally nothing and starts walking again. One of the younger guys stops.

???: "sorry about my uncle, he's an asshole..."

Charlie: "yeah i figured that out pretty quick"

???: "yeah, sorry. your daughters really cute!"

Nick: "yeah thanks..."

uncle???: "ayyy cmon Chris!!"

Chris???: "coming...apologies, hope you guys have a good day"

Charlie: "thanks, and thoughts and prayers to you"

Chris laughs and starts walking...