Chapter 11: Number

(It's about 3 weeks after colette's birthday)

Nicks POV:

Charlie has been nothing but sick. We both know what it is but we refuse to come to terms with it. We haven't told anyone and i try to keep colette away from the bathroom when charlie is sick.

It's currently Saturday and i am with colette at home, charlie went to run an errand.

Charlie : "Baby i'm home!"

Nick: "in the living room!!"

He comes in with a drug store bag and i know exactly what's inside.

Charlie: "the second this turn positive your calling and setting up an appointment."

Nick: "numbers already up"

Charlie walks into the bathroom closest to us and closes the door. I grab colette in my arms and go to wait by the door.

(5 minutes later)

Charlie comes out the door with the test face down so i guess he didn't look at it either.

Nick: "remember no matter what I will love and support you. I want more kids with you! we just need to figure some things out."

He nods and flips the test over....

Positive.

He starts to cry and all i can do is hug him.

Charlie: "i want more kids but was so overwhelmed with colette when she was just born. i don't want to be like that again."

Nick: "what if you set up an appointment with Geoff and learn some skills to get away from that"

Charlie: "Yea, i like that. but first call the doctor and we'll go to see what's going on."

He said call, i walked away and i called.

(after the call)

Nick: "char, we have our appointment in two days. January 15."

Charlie: "alright..."