Chapter 17: Good Job!!!

(times skip 1 month later)

Charlie's POV:

Well i'm 2 months along and after our argument about a month ago, we've been back in our honeymoon stage, honestly.

Nick has been writing me notes and leaving them in random places like he used to do when we first started dating. We just have pleasant pecks when we walk past each other and it's been great.

Well except for how nauseous i am. Oh and colette has been very into dress up so that's been fun for us. OH and she is in her sassy era, so that's cute. i mean nick usually shuts her down before she goes too far but she still got an attitude.

Like right now on our peaceful saturday afternoon, colette was dressing daddy up, and when he turned to me to say something while she was in his face with sunglasses and--

Nick: "OH SHI-SKSOWNNS"

She stabbed him in the eye.

Colette: "Daddy! stop!"

He holds his hand to his eye.

Nick: "well you really hurt me, honey. When you hurt someone, even on accident, you have to apologize."

Colette: "sorry daddy. But play now""

Nick: "okay, hold on pumpkin..."

He's still holding his eye

Charlie: "baby are you okay?"

Nick: "yeah just hurts a lot more than i thought it would..."

Colette: "daddy okay?"

Nick: "yeah darling just give a second"

He stands up, goes to sink and rinses his eye out.

Nick: "alright we're good"

Charlie: "you sure love?"

Nick: "yeah i'm good"

He comes back and before sitting on the floor he comes to me.

Charlie: "you're sure you're okay?"

Nick: "i'm fine baby, promise."

He leans down and kisses my head, cheek, and finally my mouth. when he pulls away-he places a hand on my barely showing belly, steps back and kisses my belly.

Nick: "hiii babies."

I chuckle to myself. colette finally steps in and grabs nicks arm, tugging him.

colette: "sit daddy! almost done!"

He turns around to look at her and crouches to her level.

Nick: "pumpkin, i know you want to finish up my beautiful makeup and hair, but i'm talking to papa right now. Do you think we could wait a few more moments for me to finish and then we can keep playing?"

I watch my daughter cross her arms and stomp her feet, making her blonde curls bounce a bit.

Colette: "NO!"

Nick: "well that's not how we talk to papa and daddy, right?"

She keeps stomping

Colette: "NO!"

I start to sit up so i can talk to her.

Charlie: "honey come here please"

She walks over and i grab her hands.

Charlie: "how about, whenever you want to speak with daddy or i, you can grab our hands and pat our wrist. Like this..."

I pull her hand up a little higher and use two fingers to tap her wrist gently.

She smiles

Colette: "okay!!"

Charlie: "okay why don't we try that with daddy now."

She runs back to where she was and nick turns around and starts mouthing

Nick: "god i love you. you are so smart"

Charlie: "i know i am. but i love you too"

Nick starts actually talking though knowing colette probably won't do anything until he genuinely starts talking

nick: "well i don't know about you but i think colette is the smartest most beautiful girl in the world!"

charlie: "i completely agree with you"

Nick: "I know right! she's just so cute and i love her so much!!"

I see colette reach up to nicks hand and tap his wrist lightly. Nick turns around and looks down at colette

Nick: "That was perfect baby!!"

He picks her up.

nick: "Good job!!"

he spins her around while she giggles. i start to stand up.

Charlie: "i still can't believe we are going to have 2 more kids."

Nick: "yeah, it's very... surreal"

I nod and kiss him again. God i love my family.