Chapter 6: A quick strike

Silence filled the room
Drips of rains could be heard.
Everyone  in the room, was staring at Hector.
Everyone was left speechless.
They didn't even know if they were to believe what he said or not.
Kenzie finally broke the silence by letting out a laugh.
She stood up and started clapping her hands
"Great, great , this is good...what a good show, you just pulled up"
She sternly looked at Hector.
"I don't know if there's something I said which you didn't get properly, but I thought I was very clear, I have no time for games, okay?"
Hector was now slowing adjusting to the pain in his eye sockets, that he managed a grin, "I won't be surprised if you can't hear me properly, I mean you always had a problem of  listening to what I tell you but  if  everyone here also  didn't hear me properly and now deaf... that will be  shocking".
Kenzie clenched her teeth, and then gave out an evil smile.
"Too bad , I can see through your evil scheme Hector, you told me lies to shake me off, but to bad , it was already decided, .... You have to die no matter what.
Kenzie took the dagger and stabbed both Hector's thighs with the dagger.He let out a loud cry , which could be heard on a   distance afar.
Tears rolled on his face as , he was now trembling as he started looking everywhere to sense Kenzie's presence.
She kept on moving around while laughing.
"Kenzie!Kenzie , you will regret this, you will regret this for the rest of your life"
"Oh poor Hector, sadly I won't even remember this tomorrow morning, what more  remembering till forever, that's a very long time won't you say", Kenzie was smiling.
"Kenzie, listen carefully, you also will suffer a merciless death like your brother, you all deserve a painful death!!"
Within a flash, Hector's head was now rolling on the floor, the throat was now oozing blood.
Her killing glare was quite scary , that everybody in the room felt chills down their spine.It was a sudden attack that no one saw it coming even though Lucas doubted that Kenzie would let all the slander on against her  brother go.
Kenzie turned to Lucas,"Light him up"
Lucas nodded and Kenzie  wiped the blood off her dagger with Hector's body .
"After some time, put it off", with that said Kenzie started walking away.
Everybody showed  their respect  to Kenzie by bowing their heads .Though she was a young female , she was the most feared among the three siblings because of her temper , offending her would result in immediate death as she would never even give someone an opportunity to even apologize.
Kenzie left the factory and quickly made her way home.
She was feeling stuffy and hot so she let the cool air embrace her.She didn't put  on a helmet.By the time she arrived, she was already having a lot on her mind.She had realized how useless Hector had been, though it was good she finally got her revenge but regarding to her brother's death, she was back to square one.
She was now a bit upset, she had expected more from him but to be honest,she didn't know why but a little bit of her , believed what Hector said but she also had her doubts, Hector was a cunning fox, she didn't want to fall for his lies.She was now confused but she calmed down after having ice cream as always.
She sat by the kitchen table and ate, she was still thinking about where to start then suddenly she remembered something.
The day Tyson had called her, he was writing something on a diary, what if he left clues there, the idea struck her as she also remembered how she never investigated the crime scene.
After finishing up, Kenzie hurried to her brother's study, when she got there she felt the urge to knock first because she had never burged in his study before.
She lightly knocked and whispered,"I-I am coming in"
As she entered that turning feeling in her stomach started again, she felt sick as she looked around.She could only see the mess created the day when Tyson died.Though it was cleaned up, but she still saw Tyson's body on top of the table, she wiped out the tears and convinced herself this was like a test stopping her from finding her clue.
Kenzie started searching the room, she went through every drawer and files.She didn't know why but,she doubted the book would be of much use as it could be something completely different.She looked for the book and something else she didn't even know about.After some time, Tyson's study was now messy, Kenzie had lit the lights and was going through some documents.
She kept on seeing Tyson's company name popping up, through some stuff, she ignored  it as it was expected but then she saw a contract between Tyson's company,Grand Stone and another one called Blue whales.That confused Kenzie because  the  last time she checked Blue Whales was about the marine something or aquarium she didn't remember , but why will Tyson, creating  jewels as a  decoy but in reality shipping weapons deal with an aquarium.
Could it be...Blue Whales was also in disguise?
Kenzie thought to herself out loud as she stared at the papers , she then recognized the slogan and logo of Blue Whales and suddenly she felt like she had seen it before.She might haven't been aware of the sight but her brain had captured the sight.
"Blue Whales?, where did I see it...where did I see it"
Kenzie was now pacing up and down, she was sure she had seen it but didn't pay note to.
Kenzie was now getting worked up as she knew where but why she couldn't just remember the place.
She paced more quickly and scratched her head.
"Remember, remember, reme......mber", suddenly it struck her.
"Sandy?"
She tilted her head to make sure she was sure what she was talking about.
Yes, it was now clear, Sandy had a picture of herself posing Infront of a building which wasn't as big and grand but had a simple structure.It clearly was Blue Whales.
Kenzie thought a bit about that , was it before Sandy worked at the mall or ..", before Kenzie could finish up her sentence, her phone started ringing.
She searched for it among the pile of papers and recognized the voice by the other line.
"Hello"
"Ms Kenzie..if I may call you that"
"Whatever, why are you calling?"
"We got a call from the hospital and they already wrote the cause of death, and concluded to murder .. everything has been sorted ou..."
"Get to the point "
"You may collect your brothers body and proceed with the funeral arrangements and if you want I ... "
Kenzie cut the phone and stared out at the open space.
She pushed back her tears and closed her eyes.
"Tyson , I am not ready to completely say goodbye but...I can't.. can't hold you back, I am sorry", Kenzie dropped on her knees .
"Even after death, I still treat you badly, I still am helpless and useless, I..."
Kenzie didn't finish as a lump in her throat made it hard.She now wanted to cry but didn't dare.She organized the study and went to take a bath.
One way or the other she had to meet up with Sandy to Confirm, she really saw her in the photo.

Now she just wanted a hot bath tub to sink in her sorrows and think careful regarding her brother's murder.

This part is shorter than expected but...but I am organizing my schedule, well trying to,well yesterday I fell asleep before publishing which means today I have to release two chapters...yeah two ✋🔥