Chapter 15: Edge of sanity II

Both stared at the screen.
Blue and red lights beamed through the screen.
Sirens were heard and people shouting and crying out.
The police, ambulance and fire brigade occupied the area.
Kenzie felt her heart sink.
It wasn't the fire that got her all teary , it was where the fire was.
"Get the keys"
Kenzie softly said, in between her Lucas didn't respond.
"Get the damn keys!", she turned and looked at Lucas with the wide opened eyes, filled with tears and rage.
Lucas didn't need to be told again to act, in no time they were hitting the road.
Kenzie was anxious, she focused on the road as she drove, she was speeding and passed through red lights, Lucas dared not question her driving.
He knew this was too much for her, this was going to break her sanity completely if it got confirmed.
Suddenly they arrived at the scene and she got off the car quickly.
She ran through the crowd , and pushed herself to the area.
The firefighters were trying to put out the fire, the police were stopping the people from coming any closer.
The ambulance was wide open treating some injured neighbors, who escaped the fire, they were minor injuries, Kenzie identified Shawn and quickly ran towards him.
She got through the boundary set by the police, they tried to stop her but she got through and reached Shawn.
When Shawn spotted her, he told the other officers to leave them, they let go of Lucas.
"What happened here?"
Kenzie asked in a low but serious tone.
"A fire broke out through the building, reasons unknown but it started from that room", Shawn pointed to the one place she wished he wouldn't.
Everything fell silent.
His talking became inaudible, the sirens,the people, everything became silent, she couldn't hear anything except her breathing increasing, she could feel herself inhaling and exhaling at a quicker rate.
Her eyes were drawn to the body coming out of the building.
It was covered carefully, she knew it was a corpse.
What drew her attention was the anklet.She thought she had seen it somewhere but never paid much attention to it.She closed her eyes as she saw the figure appear on her mind, it was a girl with colourful hair.
She was smiling at Kenzie.She wore a uniform from a store, which Kenzie remembered very well.Her eyes were dragged to her leg,for the first time
, the anklet was there, she shook her head and sharply opened her eyes.
"No , no ,No", Kenzie ran over to the body, and opened it abruptly.
She froze, the body was burnt in a state it was hard to identify but everything on the body was Sandy's.
"Excuse me ma'am, you can't do that, they quickly covered the body.
Kenzie collapsed, Shawn quickly caught her, "Are you okay?", she remained silent.
Lucas grabbed her from Shawn grip, "I will take care of her"
Shawn nodded.
"Did you find anything in her room ", Lucas asked Shawn.
"Well, we did find this ", Lindy suddenly appeared carrying a plastic bag with a paper written something on it.
They all turned their heads to look at her.
Kenzie eyes focused on it , she quickly grabbed it.
"Wait you!", Lindy tried to grab it, but was blocked by Lucas.

"A small gift to you ,partner", Lucas read it softly.
Kenzie crumbled the plastic bag,
"Hey, don't destroy that, they will get suspicious", Lucas whispered to Kenzie.
She passed the bag to Shawn and quickly got in the car .She drove off.
Lucas watched her but then remembered,"Wait what about me!", he quickly got a cab and followed her.

Lucas arrived at the gasoline station,he paid the driver and quickly made his way to Kenzie.
She was loading gallons of petrol in the car.
"Wait , wait Kenzie please stop"
Kenzie kept quiet and continued loading up.
"Listen , this will not end well, this.."
"I didn't intend it to be a happy ending", Kenzie sharply said.
Lucas grabbed Kenzie arm.
"Kenzie, what you are doing will ruin you, there has to be another way, burning up Maxwell's house isn't the way , you saw your self, the tight security, you know how dangerous that man is, this will come back to you, don't make hasty decisions.
"Hasty.. do you know what that means, you are saying this will ruin me, scratch that, I AM RUINED, there's no more than this, he has destroyed every single thing I have and you, you are talking about how I will get ruined.."Kenzie scoffed.
She then stopped, "You know you are right, "
Lucas was taken back, he didn't know if she was convinced or she thought of something else.
"Burning his house isn't it, burning Blue Whales will be more satisfying, his whole career is there, I bet he himself is still there..", Kenzie got in the car.
Lucas paid and quickly got in the car.
"That's even worse, Kenzie slow down and think this through with me.
"Your whole revenge plan, will get ruined, he will know you know about his identity, he will take advantage of the fact that, it's his territory, he knows it better than you do, you will get hurt , listen..."
"No you listen to me...if you're going to nag like this, you better get off and leave, I want Maxwell Carter dead today, there's no other way to this", Kenzie eyes were now filled with a strong killing stare.
Lucas kept quiet, he couldn't help but be worried, this wasn't good at all, covering up a fire crime scene wouldn't be easy, and getting Kenzie to stop wasn't easy either.He had no choice than to play along and make sure she was safe.
Another thing, he was sure Lindy would follow them, he had this feeling that she showed them everything they wanted to see.The evidence, it was uncommon relating to the fact that they weren't aware of Kenzie's relationship with Sandy so why will they just give a stranger such confidential information.
They finally arrived at Blue Whales.
"What about the people inside?", Lucas asked getting out of the car.
"Leave it to me, start pouring the petrol, I will get everyone out"
Kenzie took out her gun and made her way inside.
She entered the building and shot in the air.
"Everyone get out, if you cherish your life"
People started screaming and scattered out of the building.
Kenzie carried the gallon of petrol and poured everywhere.
She did this while looking for Maxwell, she went through every office and poured petrol all over the place.She knew that the owner obviously would be at the top of the building but she couldn't be too sure.After getting the place all wet with petrol, she took out her lighter and lit the place up.The place caught fire easily as there were a lot of paperwork , she watched the flame spread.
She then took the elevator to the top.
Finally she reached the office.
She opened the door and saw Maxwell smoking by the big window, with his back towards her.Kenzie clenched her teeth and felt like killing him on the spot but that would be a very easy death for him.
She calmed down and started spilling the petrol all over the room, Maxwell kept quiet as if he didn't sense her presence.As she finished she threw the gallon by the floor and took out both of her daggers.
"Don't you think it's too early for us to meet?"
Maxwell turned and looked at Kenzie, he smiled.
"I thought I sent you a little message starting that our meeting had to be grand and special, this, this isn't grand at all"
Kenzie smirked, "Having your whole building on fire, if this aren't grand don't worry I will kill you with my own hands , that sure has to be grand"
Kenzie took a step towards Maxwell.
He looked pissed but tried to hide it, "We will see about that, catch", he threw a chair towards Kenzie, which she quickly dodged.
Kenzie sprang and aimed at his neck but he swiftly moved away and kicked her at the back.
They threw more punches and daggers , but they both were strong.
After some minutes, they were both bleeding.
"You.. you are very brave, fighting without any weapons, I am impressed ", Kenzie said with her mouth oozing blood, she wiped it and quickly moved and cut off Maxwell's arm, she didn't notice how but surprisingly, Maxwell was now screaming in pain.
It was so fast even she didn't realize it.
He stumbled back as he watched his arm on the floor, he didn't know what to do with his wound, he wanted to stop it but it was painful to touch .
Kenzie smiled at the scene.
"What a beautiful view", Kenzie now looked like she was crazy, she quickly moved to stab him again but , he hit her with the metal plank written CEO.
She hissed with pain as she dropped her dagger.
He took a metal rod by the side and hit her at the back.
She cried out and stumbled back.
"You want to kill me, little witch, well let us see you try", he hit her with random metal items he could find, he took her dagger and stabbed her , he was aiming for the heart but strike the shoulder instead.
He kicked her on her wound and stepped on it.
Kenzie felt blank as as the pain was crazy.
He got on top off her and punched her in the face, "Killing you is too easy, but I want to see the pain in your eyes, unlike your brother you weren't that hard to crack, he couldn't take the pain so he.. stabbed himself, and I was supposed to clean the mess for him"
Kenzie forced herself to open her eyes.They were filled with tears.
"Tyson.. killed himself?"

"Ohh , you thought I killed him and then placed the weapon on his hand, how disappointing isn't it, I also feel disappointed how I didn't send him to hell myself"

I know it turned dark quickly but, the plot was now too calm and you know after a perfect calmity there's a horrific storm . Anyways the countdown for the end, sadly begins, but I will surely make it up to you all, please comment and vote