Chapter 20 : Bittersweet

Kenzie closed her eyes.She saw herself fall from that height, it came back to her ,that night seemed like it was replayed.She didn't feel the fear anymore but her heartbeat increase.
Suddenly a warm hand grabbed her.It was firm and steady .It was strong and had a tight grip.
Kenzie's slowly opened her eyes.She could now hear herself breathe in and out .She was pulled in with power.She  fell on top of her savior.She quickly responded and tried to get up but stumbled this time keeping balance with her arm by his head..
His eyes and hers met, the long forgotten memories came in fresh in her mind.She remembered every single day, she spent with him, he had always been there, and never asked for anything in return.
Her heart started palpitating even more.
"Who are you?"
Lucas asked.
Kenzie quickly snapped out of her thoughts and got up.
She lended a hand and pulled Lucas up.
" I-I am ..., just passing"
"Passing, wow , you really have a way of moving around, where were you going"
"Like I said I was just passing by, thank you for saving me , good bye"
, Kenzie felt her heart sink, she had forgotten the first reason she had been avoiding Lucas, he had lost some of his memories due to the head injury.She thought she would be able to face it ,but it hurt , it hurt really bad.
" No no, you can't go just yet," Lucas stepped Infront of her.
"You expect me to believe you were just passing by, at night, climbing windows, this is really concerning"
"Fool... you think your petty move will stop me", Kenzie said moving towards him.
"What a naive girl"
Before he could launch his attack , Kenzie already took her chance, they were now in a position whereby she was twisting his arm.
"No matter how much you gym, you can never beat the real deal"
"Oh really," Kenzie ended up being pinned herself.No matter what , he wouldn't budge.
"Let go"
"What"
"Let go you fool..if I catch you"
"Oh my, what are you going to do"
They both heard footsteps coming towards his room.Kenzie  quickly took the opportunity to bite him on his arm.
He quickly let go and Kenzie quickly went out.
She could hear a nurse ask why the window was open.
He said he wanted fresh air, the nurse suggested to close it but he said he would do it instead.Kenzie smiled and went back to her room .She couldn't believe she herself used a petty move to escape, when she got out of here, first thing was to get back in shape, her old killer machine self.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§¶§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"What a beautiful day for a walk, won't you say".
There wasn't any response, the light breeze carrying the flowers made the air so fresh and refreshing.
It was a normal routine of Kenzie's to get a afternoon 'walk', even though it was one of the nurses pushing the wheelchair.
Kenzie was bandaged as usual but her eyes were revealed and she just stared at the open air.
It wasn't that bad , it kind of relieved her stress a bit and got her to relax.
Nancy also was a bonus, she was a cheerful, refreshing energy, she talked a lot with Kenzie and told her a some secrets about anyone in the hospital.She sort of got used to this but everytime when she was alone , tears rolled on her cheeks as she recalled Tyson and every single incident after, though her life wasn't perfect but it was wonderful , how she wanted to go back to the old days.
While she was still lost in her thoughts, Nancy said something.
She snapped from it and listened what she was saying.
" Doctor Alex is here!?", she said as she saw a black porche drive in.
It was a fancy car with an impressive speed and view.
A man came out almost immediately, fixing himself before rushing inside.He looked quite tense.
"Poor Alex, no matter what he was doing or where he was , he needs to Come back immediate when He comes."
"Who"
"The most VVVVVVVIP person in the hospital, you name it, he ....wait did you just talk?", Nancy grabbed the wheelchair handles and turned her around.
Kenzie cursed inside, how was she going to explain that ,so she simple lightly nodded.
"N-n-not v-e-ry m-m-m-uch", Kenzie said to avoid unnecessary explanations.
Nancy seemed to buy it anyways.She smiled and looked at Kenzie 's eyes.
"I'm just glad you're getting better, so anyways where was I ....oh the VVVVVVVIP person, he is a bit mysterious at the same time not, he comes for his checkup once in a week or so, and has to be attended immediately, even if there is a patient who needs immediate medical care, he or she has to wait...gosh what kind of person do you think he is".
Nancy shook her head as she continued pushing the wheelchair.
"But I heard he was getting his last check up, his daughter has a birthday party upcoming, that is why, I think, let me tell you something she's the most kind person in the world, everytime she comes  with her father,she always make a triumph entrance, she even bought everyone little gifts, look", Nancy unrolled her sleeve to reveal bracelet.
"B-beautiful"
"Right, it's cute, anyways I wanted to attended the party but sadly I wasn't invited I mean only the wealthiest and successful people are on the list".
Nancy then slowed down.
She started waving at someone.
Kenzie couldn't see as she was facing forward.
"Good afternoon, doctor I was just walking the patient, is there something wrong ".
Tom appeared with Amelia.
He smiled .
"No , this is Doctor Earhart, the patient 's psychologist and she is here to check up on her".
"Ohh, nice to meet you doctor"
"Nice to meet you too, I am relieved my patient is in the hands of such a caring person, thank you".
Nancy smiled.
"I will finish walking with her, you go back with Tom... Doctor Tom", Amelia said smiling, already walking towards Kenzie.
Nancy nodded and left with Tom.
She was already telling him a story , judging from the excitement in her gestures as she would stop for a bit and continue.
Amelia pushed the wheelchair for some time, there was a quiet awkward silence, neither of them knew what to say to each other.
But Kenzie knew she had to apologize for that day and she could see that though Tom explained everything to her, she wanted to hear it coming from Kenzie.
After some time, Amelia stopped under a big tree, which had a bench underneath.She put Kenzie next to the bench and sat there herself.
"I", they both said it in unison.
Anemia smiled and looked at Kenzie, "You may continue"
"Okay ", Kenzie took a deep breath and let go.
"I'm sorry, I know what I did to you was inconsiderate of me, though I didn't intend to but I made it seem like you were merely a pawn in my game"
Amelia kept quiet for a bit, "Why didn't you tell me the original plan, I thought you said you needed my help, was that a lie ,for what exactly?"
She lowly said.
"I'm ashamed of it but I was scared".
Amelia looked at Kenzie.
" I thought I saw pity instead of sincerity and there is nothing I hate that to be pitied, though I asked for help , I wasn't genuine, all my life, trust is something I never had , had to be extra cautious in my every step, people always seem like distant creatures, never knowing their next move.
I thought you might suddenly change your mind and expose me I mean you are a kind person Amelia and I thought you  always stick to the rules, I didn't want  my plans to get ruined ".
There was cold silence,neither of them talked.
Amelia let out a deep breath and looked at her hands.
"Well you weren't completely wrong "
"Huh?"
"Well...", Amelia was hesitating but finally spoke.
"I did intend to expose you,I hated the fact that some innocent people were going to be victims of your scheme.That made me angry as I found it unfair ".
Kenzie was taken back by Amelia's words.
"Oh.", she said.
"But..but, I quickly realized that maybe it's not all bad, Tom did tell me a thing or two about your lover, so I sort of ended understanding you ".
"Wait, wait ,wait , what do you mean lover?", Kenzie was shy for no reason, she didn't know who She was talking about but she already guessed it would be Lucas.
"Oops! That was supposed to be secret", Amelia got up and started pushing Kenzie.
"Wait what do you mean secret, what are you hiding from me, Amelia talk"
"Nice weather today, wouldn't you say".
"Don't change the topic "
"Okay... okay I will  tell you one day,I  promise "
"What about now, tell me now", Kenzie was now very curious..
"No I can't so if you want to know you have to be patient, okay?", Amelia stopped pushing and leaned over Kenzie.
Kenzie looked back at her, she seemed like she had made up her mind.
"Okay fine, but you better talk when I ask you ".
"I will, now let's us go back, you will end up getting a cold, it's getting windy"
Kenzie nodded and they set off to her ward.

Hello, how are y'all doing.Another chapter after a long time, please bear with me , it's a bit hard to get the time to write but please enjoy this piece ☺️