Chapter 10: This aren't real

Kenzie was now shivering.
She looked around the scene again, their eyes' pupils had already dilated.
Kenzie felt hesitant to leave the corpse like that but then she remembered that...
Suddenly a flash of light, blinded her.She looked carefully and saw cars surrounding the area.
Lucas stepped out ,that's when she finished her thought...she remembered that she had called Lucas to clean up.
A lot of people wearing black plastic all covered up came with bags and collected the bodies.They seemed unfazed with scene and quietly performed their task.
Lucas walked over to Kenzie.
He handed her a cloth.
Kenzie looked at him up and down, and shook her head.
"I don't know if you are a fool or acting like one but really, I am covered with blood from head to toe and you are giving me a simple handkerchief, is that you being real right now".
Lucas chuckled as he looked away.
Kenzie scoffed as she took the cloth, she wiped her face and put the cloth in her pocket.
Lucas then walked over Lizzy,
"You shot her?"
Kenzie shook her head,
"I am also trying to find out why she died, well I Know it's the gunshot but why would she kill herself , I believe there is a reason, don't you?"
Lucas nodded and studied her.
"She doesn't look like someone suicidal, she's more of the enjoying life type, maybe she feared something"
"Yeah, that's what I thought, I still can't think of someone more terrifying than Lady Grey"
"Lady Grey?"
"Her previous boss, she died, that makes me believe, there's a new dog in town, I don't know how I will find out, seems like he's quite a killer, even makes the least scared like Lizzy, weak"
"I'm also curious... Ma'am may we get in the car, you will really catch a cold , your clothes are all soaked with blood "
Kenzie looked at Lucas, she wanted to refuse and say she was monitoring the clean up but it seemed Lucas wasn't up for discussions.
"I will take care of everything, if that's what makes you worry"
Kenzie nodded,"But on one condition "
Lucas knitted his face as he tried to understand what she meant.
"I'm taking the bike back home"
Lucas was about to say something then he stopped himself, as long as Kenzie was agreeing to go back , it wasn't worth the fight as she might end up changing her mind.
Kenzie stretched out her hand, Lucas looked confused as he didn't know what she wanted.
"Fool, keys, how am I going to drive home"
Realization struck Lucas as he awkwardly laughed, and nodded giving Kenzie the keys,"Yes, yes the keys"
Kenzie shook her head and got on the bike.She wore her helmet and sped off, not to be seen again.
One thing was on her mind, bathing and burning the bloodied clothes.
She didn't mind the cold anymore, that's why she wanted to feel the cold wind as she rode fast.

She soon arrived and it was already midnight.
She unlocked the door and switched on the lights.
Everything seemed normal, everything was still where she left it.
Before she took a bath, she wanted to first revisit the papers for tomorrow's meeting with Maxwell Carter.
She wanted to move the papers to her room so that she wouldn't forget.
She headed to Tyson's study and switched on the lights.
Nothing seemed odd , so she walked to his table, and pulled out drawers.She took the files and went through them first.
Everything was in perfect order so she stood up to leave.
As She walked halfway the room , she suddenly stopped.
She turned her head to the right side, where she had eyed something.
She started walking towards the direction and stopped Infront of vertically arranged books.
One book, stood out as it was tilted.
"This...I never touch this side of books, if I am correct it should collecting dust because it's been long since I dusted up the books.
She looked at the others and all seemed undisturbed with dust by the edges.Strangely that book looked perfectly clean.
She took it out and placed it in the desk .
"What's this...was someone uninvited here"
Kenzie went through the book, page by page.Nothing was in the book .
"Strange ,did I overthink this", Kenzie tilted her head and rubbed it.
She then stood up and decided to put the book back in its place.
She was still left puzzled and confused.
Was she really overreacting and no one actually entered the study.
She brushed the thought away and took the files up to the room.
Kenzie was now feeling exhausted that she had to drag herself to the room.
After washing up, she threw herself on the bed and went straight to sleep.

§§§§¶§§§§§¶§§§§§§¶§§§§§§§§§§¶§§§

The room was quiet.
The light snuck in through the roughly pulled down curtains.
A light tap moved Kenzie's motionless body.
"Ma'am"
"Ma'am"
Kenzie shot open her eyes and took the gun under her pillow and threw Lucas over, pinning him down.The gun was pointed at his forehead.
Lucas froze as he watched all of this.
"I-I"
Kenzie seemed to be thrown back with her moments, with Mike.They always ended up with one pinning another, Mike would always compliment Kenzie's reflexes whilst Kenzie would say it was a lucky Kenzie now missed her younger brother and these small similarities triggered everything.
"Ma'am? Ma'am?Ken.."
Lucas was shot with a ,I dare you continue,eye.
"What are you doing here?"
"I knocked for a long time with no response, it got me worried so I thought..."
"Well darn it, you thought wrong, you are not allowed in my room, it's beyond professionalism, don't blur the line Lucas, you have a limit of boundaries"
Lucas slowly nodded.
"May..I go now?"
Kenzie realized and got off him.
"I'm taking a bathe, hope by the time I am back.."
"Yes I understand"
Kenzie nodded and headed to the bathroom.
There are times when she was all smiley but psycho, but there also were times were she was icecold, she herself didn't know why she was like that.
But anyone knew it would be their death day if they ever angered her during this time of coldness.

After the bath, Kenzie went down the stairs.She found Lucas cooking breakfast in the kitchen.She didn't know he could cook.Anyways she wasn't interested.
"Hope you enjoy your breakfast , bye",
Kenzie was holding toast with her mouth as she grabbed the bike keys.
"Huh", Lucas looked at her confused.
Kenzie stopped halfway and looked at Lucas,"Oh and great toast, I always burn it", with that Kenzie left .
"But this", Lucas stared at the food he had made, did it mean, he had to finish it himself.He sighed and just accepted his fate as he started eating.

As she drove Kenzie thought about the meeting, Sandy had arranged it yesterday, today her phone was unreachable.
She didn't dwell on that much as she hurried to the cafe.
As she arrived,she looked for Sandy.
Surprisingly Sandy was already there, she had ordered coffee.
"Seems like I am late", Kenzie said as she sat down.
"No I am the one early, should I order for you, I already ordered for myself"
"Black coffee,"
Sandy looked at her with talking eyes.
"I really need it, maybe I might wake up completely"
Sandy smiled and nodded.
"Did you get the details on point"
"Yes , Lesley, my friend will be helping us, he now has control of the security, one word and everything's dark, the CCTV cameras and even the lights, oh the internet server too"
Kenzie thought about that a bit, .
"We mustn't make it look suspicious though...look I got everything, here in this briefcase,, so that he doesn't doubt me, it's now to 11 , I should get going "
"Okay, oh , Kenzie take this ", Sandy handed her some ear buds.
"This?"
"It's for communication, and take this also, these contacts are for us to see what you see, anyways put them on".
Kenzie put them on and left.

After about fifteen minutes, Kenzie arrived Infront of the Blue Whales building.
It looked huge, seeing it in person.
Kenzie hesitated at first but ended up getting in.
She was directed by a couple of employees until finally she got the place.
But only then, did she find out Maxwell Carter, just exited the building.Kenzie's blood boiled as she ran after him.
But foolish her couldn't just ride the bike as that was not on her mind.
"Right... so I missed him,..fine , will try again "
But it wasn't said how many Try Agains she would do, Kenzie didn't know what was in for her.
This happened for a whole two weeks, not only in the building but sometimes she missed him when he even was in a golf field.
And each and every time, Kenzie ran after him, she got more and more angry.
She either fell, tripped or humiliated herself , for example trying to get in during a conference meeting or when she tried to get his attention in a crowd of journalists.

Maybe she was wrong this time, she had underestimated her enemy, even meeting him was hard what more fighting him.Kenzie got more and more discouraged but didn't want to give up.As long as Sandy shared his whereabouts then there was hope.Even though, she couldn't meet him because of being too late, or unreachable, Kenzie didn't blame Sandy, she was also doing the best she could...but two weeks, two whole freaking weeks!!!

I don't know, I don't know but something just told me to bail on Kenzie, maybe it's my intrusive thoughts but they won coz here we are making Kenzie suffer, but won't this ignite her anger and hatred more👀