Chapter 13:He is alive.

The lights from the kitchen were  hanging above the two figures.
Kenzie  stared at the plain space, her throat was dry and no tears were to be seen, even though she felt like crying ,  Kenzie had promised herself that no matter what, she would never cry for anyone besides her brothers.
"Here", Lucas passed a glass of water to Kenzie.
Kenzie was deep in her own thoughts, that she didn't hear him.
"Ma'am?!"
Kenzie finally showed a reaction after being gently shook by Lucas.
"Ohh, thanks", Kenzie said accepting the glass.
"So you are saying Sandy, I mean Miss Sandy broke your relationship just like that, because.. she claimed you are self centered?"
Kenzie just kept quiet.
"Pardon me for being nosy but I think that's a bit unfair as your friend she should understand your situation, she knows the world you live in, I mean after the murder of your brother.. anyways she must understand that she can't know everything about you "
"But I am her friend Lucas, what's so hard for you to understand, Sandy is the only.. friend I ever had, I am always killing and hurting people but with her, I am suddenly a different person, I don't see the darkness of this world with her".
"But Miss, you are different, you don't always have to change for the world, being soft in your world isn't an option, you are the only heiress to your family legacy, there are enemies out there , you have to be strong, bold, don't be weakened by all of this,..it will be your downfall, you still have your revenge to complete, till then don't be swayed by the earthly emotions "
"I....wait,, what did you say "
"You shouldn't be swayed by Earthly emotions "
"No before that "
"You still have a revenge to complete "
Kenzie suddenly changed emotions.
"Revenge, revenge,reve...nge", Kenzie ran out of the kitchen and went straight to Tyson's study.
Lucas was confused so he just followed.
After going through a lot of stuff, Kenzie took out a huge dusty book.
"Book?", Lucas scratched his head.
Kenzie unlocked it and it seemed like a Safe, with no pages.
Inside was a piece of bloodied cloth and a Glove.
"This?"
Kenzie stared at the items.
"They look exactly the same, I can't be mistaken ", Kenzie's eyes were now bloody red, she was fuming with anger.
"Lucas?"
"Yes ma'am "
"Let's go somewhere first, I need to be 100 percent sure"
Kenzie said standing up.
She took out Maxwell's cloth and compared it with the bloodied cloth.
She also took out a bit of jewel from his fingerless glove.
"Those ..those look the same "
Kenzie walked next to Lucas.
"What a coincidence, I thought the same but looks like I have to first have solid proof, I can't give him any benefit of doubt.. looks like your death is sooner than expected, and you won't escape from me", Kenzie let out a sly smile.
She then looked at Lucas ,"Let's go"
Lucas nodded and they left the house.

§§§¶§§§§¶§§§§¶§§§§¶§§§§§§§¶§}§§¶

The room was filled with gunshots noise.
Kenzie wore headphones as she shot to the distant target by the wall.She was crying whilst she aimed at the red spot.
She wiped them quickly as she concentrated at the spot.
Lucas was next to her as he also aimed at his own target.
He kept on glancing on Kenzie.
Since they left the Philip guy's place, Kenzie had been quiet.
It was already late at night and she refused to go to bed.
She didn't even talk to Lucas but silently kept on shooting.
Lucas finally had it and walked over Kenzie and snatched the gun from her.
Kenzie removed her headphones and stared at Lucas.
"I know you are not feeling well, I mean you just discovered your brother's murderer but don't you think you must rest, you need the energy to fight with your enemy in the near Future ".
"Rest?Rest you say, while I know that the  dog is breathing and enjoying his luxurious life whilst my brother is dead, isn't that a bit ridiculous even for you Lucas, listen , if I have to train with every fibre in my weary body, I don't care as long as I kill that sh!tty dog."
Kenzie tried to snatch the gun back from him, but Lucas kept on moving away.
"I understand what you are saying but if you overdo it , don't you think your enemies will take advantage of you, because you will be weak, you need the strength "
Lucas moved towards Kenzie and held  both  of her arms with the gun in his hands.
"Look at me, don't you think your brother will want you to live well as you take revenge, do you think he will want you to suffer because of his death, he will end up not wanting revenge if it cost your well-being, so.. here if you still want to practice, go ahead", Lucas let go of Kenzie.
He handed the gun to Kenzie and left the room.
Kenzie stared at it and threw it violently on the ground.
"Maxwell!I won't spare you, mark my words , your whole generation will be wiped out... that's my promise to you ".
Kenzie was now fuming with anger.

Lucas heard her from outside the door.He was glad Kenzie had finally agreed to go sleep.

Morning came.
Kenzie had woken up early, she was already practicing in the room.She was getting more and more smooth with her moves.Her expression was ice cold, the wooden sword was moved around with anger.
She heard a knock , she stopped what she was doing and turned to look at the door.It was Lucas, he was earlier than usual today.
Kenzie acknowledged his presence and indicated him to grab  a wooden sword.
Lucas was very good at  fighting, even though Kenzie's skills were ahead but he was a pretty good challenge.
As they both fought, Lucas accidentally tripped, Kenzie tried to hold on to him but got pulled down instead.She fell on top of Lucas.Lucas just froze, he dared not to move.
Kenzie stared at him for a few seconds then got off, awkwardly coughing.
"Sorry..I .."
"It's fine , I pulled you down ".
Kenzie nodded.
"So why are you early today?"
Lucas's face turned serious.
"I may have found something"
Kenzie grabbed a bottle of water she had placed on the ground.
And turned to Lucas, and handed it to him, offering but he politely refused.
Kenzie shrugged and opened the cap and drank.
"So what's it's about?"
Kenzie seemed relaxed but Lucas looked concerned as he looked at Kenzie.
"It's about Mike", Lucas softly said.
Kenzie's eyes widely opened as she gasped.
She didn't realize that her eyes were starting to tear up.
She laughed while smiling, her tears rushed down her cheeks.
"He..he is alive, are you saying Mike is alive", Kenzie turned and looked at Lucas.
"Yes, we found him, he was staying at a squat camp, but unfortunately Police came over, and they evacuated..I am sorry, but we couldn't find out his current whereabouts".
Kenzie vigorously shook her head,"No no no, it's okay, it's fine, as long as he's fine, he's fine...I can't believe it, I thought he was killed or kidnapped by Maxwell but , but he's okay, that is more than enough...wait which squat camp was be staying in and which Police drove them away "
"Dectetive Shawn and Lindy"
Kenzie squinted her eyes, where had she heard those names before.
"They..I can't remember who they are but they sound familiar".
"Yes, it's those dectetives from  that night, who are investigating your brother's case, ".
"Those useless bastards, them again, I haven't heard from them since they called me to take Tyson from the mortuary, I thought they were investigating the case but I haven't heard  a thing from them, then they say we must trust them, how boring,... it's time I  visit our heroes in law.
Lucas nodded.
"Maybe he saw Mike, he might give us a clue about his whereabouts", Lucas said as he stood up.He helped Kenzie up.

Kenzie scoffed.
"Don't give yourself hope, those useless people, will  lead you to  disappointment, I even doubt, he was paying attention to the scene."
"Let me go and change, ..start the car, I will be right there".
With that they both separated.

Ho , ho🥸 , ho.. anyways , I will firstly address something about the police, they are my fictional characters, I am not saying the real life police force is like this, Please don't get offended it's all fake, I know some people may take it to heart, hope you enjoy this chapter, love you all🙂👾👾