Chapter 9: Old foe

The winter breeze blew gently in the quiet night.
Sandy and Kenzie were arguing who had  to go first.
"Sandy, it's getting chilling outside go inside"
"Now listen Kenzie it's already late, why don't go home already, you need to pay attention to your safety"
"Thanks for caring but no... before you say anything, know that I am being serious,if you don't get inside I will..."
"Fine , fine, I don't want to find out, anyways it's freezing out here why suffer"
Kenzie smiled and watched Sandy get in the building.
They waved at each other until Sandy was out of sight.
As Kenzie still stared at the blank space, she felt weird.
She felt as if she was being watched by someone, without turning her head and being obvious, Kenzie looked for her enemy by scouting around.
She finally noticed the person and it seems like they also realized that they were spotted  so the person started the motorbike and drove away.
"Think you can escape", Kenzie rushed in the car and followed the bike.
The biker seemed familiar but Kenzie couldn't exactly pinpoint where she knew the person from.
The biker looked back to realize that Kenzie was on to his or her tail.
Though they tried to get into narrow areas, Kenzie always found a way to catch up.
The biker took a right  turn to some area that made Kenzie a bit suspicious.It felt weird, was this a trap, was this a way to lure in Kenzie .Regardless , Kenzie was going to deal with them.
After another long drive , they both took a sharp turn.Kenzie almost immediately knew what to expect.
As expected more bikers crowded the place, the biker was now next to someone more familiar to Kenzie.
Kenzie got off the car and made sure she was equipped enough with hidden weapons.
The bikers removed their helmets and walked towards Kenzie.
The biker who chased Kenzie was the right man of the leader.
"Lizzy, Lizzy, still up to your old tricks aren't you, you even sent your useless fool to follow me..uh Myra, you probably going to regret it.
Kenzie said looking at Lizzy's right hand man.
"Shut up, you dare spout nonsense in my territory, don't you fear for your life "
"What I fear dear Lizzy is that....how am I going to get rid of all these bodies, but let me worry about that later, come..show me what you got "
"Arrogant!Kenzie though you became your own person with your brothers but we all got the same fundamental basics of fighting, don't think highly of yourself,"Lizzy lifted up her finger and pointed at it at Kenzie.
"Phew", Lizzy said with a smirk.
"Okay let the game begin"
Kenzie hurried and welcomed the fighters who were carrying wooden sticks, thick at the tip.She swiftly moved as she took their weapons and slashed their necks.She wounded some on other parts but still found a way to give them a blow that could send them straight to death.Lizzy watched this surprised, something about Kenzie's fighting skills had changed, it no longer hurt..but killed!"
Kenzie didn't care if her enemies carried more dangerous weapons like knives or swords , she found a way to reverse the blows.
Kenzie pierced thier hearts.
She used her boxing techniques to fight her way.
She slashed and thrusted her enemy's bodies.They fell in all sides, some fell as they hit their forehead to a rock.
Kenzie doged some blows, while some scratched her, this made her more angry.
Kenzie no longer saw a fight of winning or losing, after the death of her brother it was now a survival battle.
Either kill or get killed, one player had to remain standing as the other gets slain.
Kenzie  showed no mercy to any of Lizzy's men.
Myra appeared with spiked fists.
She looked different from before but still had the same aura of anger .Kenzie looked at her with bloodied eyes .The two set off and clashed in the middle.Kenzie dodged the blows and threw some punches, some Myra dodged while some she couldn't.
Myra's footwork was impressive, she was fast , with quick kicks and punches.Kenzie was at advantage because her speed had increased due to numerous training.
After a long fight, Kenzie didn't want to play along with Myra anymore , another thing was she wouldn't survive one blow from all those spikes.
She dodged her long punch and held her arm, twisting it.Myra was now facing with her back towards Kenzie, Kenzie took her dagger and slit  her throat.
Dropping her down to the floor, she looked up and found Lizzy staring at her.
"You..."
Kenzie was now covered in blood, her dagger was dripping with  deep red blood.
She looked at Lizzy's eyes.She knew what she  was about to do.
Kenzie pulled out  a gun and looked at her with fiery eyes.
"Don't you dare think about it"
Lizzy was about to run away.
"Actually I should have long killed you but I am curious about something, I hope you won't mind enlightening me"
Lizzy looked at Kenzie puzzled.
" Y-yes ofcourse, you tell me , if I know it, I will definitely say"
"Good"
Kenzie walked towards Lizzy.
"There's something I don't understand, why did you try to kill me, I know you didn't do it on your own, someone ordered you to, who?"
" Kenzie you know who it is then why bother ask, who else is the leader of us all, why is your brain suddenly rusty.."
"One word I will shoot, listen here, don't play tricks with me Hector told me about Lady Grey, I am aware of her death, then if it's not her who else gave you the guts to show up and try and kill me."
"What nonsense is this, who said Lady Grey is dead?"
Kenzie stared at Lizzy even though she denied it,  she was hiding something, also she felt like she was about to do something.
Before she could stop her, Lizzy had snatched the gun from Kenzie and shot herself in the head.
"Damn, I was too slow...but this actually is a bit interesting "
"Lizzy said there's no one commanding her other than Lady Grey , but she also seems sad on the mention of her death, but why will she kill herself "
"Who does she fear so much that she would rather die than suffer the person's wrath."
"I don't blame her though, she was going to end up telling me because my torture is unbearable, the worst thing is it won't kill you, just pain "
Kenzie shook her head and looked at Lizzy's dead corpse.
She suddenly remembered her days in Lady Grey's camp.

"What's this , the beauty has arrived, but...where is  her  other knight?"
Lizzy, was a thirteen year old, girl with a huge squad.They were the bullies, they tried to vent out the pain they went through because of Lady Grey, through other kids.
Kenzie was part of them, she hardly knew any fighting skills, and relied on her brothers protection.
"Lizzy...may you please spare Mike..he made a mistake, he is regretting it, can you please forgive him", Kenzie tried hard to hold back her tears.She knew the pain Mike was going through.Mike was locked in one of the bathrooms, it was dark and the kids kept on shouting loud noises at him.He was crying, asking for help, asking for mercy.Lizzy was sitting Infront of the door.
This made Kenzie's heart break.
Tyson was sent out by Lady Grey with other older kids in the forest.They were left and were told to find their way back home as troops of armed men were going to follow up with them.They were getting killed on spot if caught.Kenzie thought about Tyson also and teared up.
"Please Lizzy, I am begging you huh,...look I am kneeling down , please let him go.He-he will be obedient from now on, he will do what you say... please give him one last chance, please!", Kenzie's shirt was now wet, she was now kowtowing for Lizzy, she couldn't even open her eyes anymore as they were covered in tears.
Sudden there was a pull of hair, Kenzie screamed out , Lizzy then slapped her, "You have changed, where is that arrogant kid,huh?"
Lizzy broke out in laughter, the laughter ringed in Kenzie's ears.
She shut her eyes tight.

Kenzie was pulled out of the memory zone.
"You said I had changed,.. you were right, I did change because the world changed first, nothing is the same... nothing gets  forgotten, people change but people like you,  still don't change, you will never do, even if  years or  decades  pass, Lizzy you will always remain the same.", Kenzie sighed.

Happy day to you all, today's my baby sister's birthday, that explains why I was off the past days , anyways I hope you enjoy your day.Please enjoy your day, as well as this Chapter, much love from me🤩😘