Chapter 19: Lights, Camera, Action

The sound of a footsteps were heard walking in the corridor.They were pushing stretchers, with patients , having drips by their side.
About 5 of these patients were getting transfered to the city hospital as their condition needed  intensified care.The medical attention was different from the mental hospital.
They were taken to ambulances waiting by the gate. The mental hospital had tight security , it was hard to pass there without being noticed.
One of the security walked over to examine the patients.
He lifted the cloth and there lay badly wounded patients.He then walked over to the two  who had bandages all over their face.
He was about to move the bandage a bit, when a hand stopped him.
" They are badly burnt, beyond recognition, therefore,they can't be exposed , doctors ' orders. A lady with a mask murmured.
The officer stared at the patients and then nodded.
"Poor souls"
They got them in the ambulances and signaled the security to open the gate.
With that said they slowly exited the premises and joined the main road to the city hospital.It was quiet, no one talked.The nurses just stared at each other , while some were sleeping but got awoken once once the ambulance bounced.
They then acted as if, everything was normal, it was now around 1 in the morning.
After a long drive for about an hour or so , they finally arrived in front of the huge building.
The city hospital really looked up to it's reputation, the structure and reliability.A lot of ambulances swarmed in and out, it was a very busy place.
The  mental hospital patients were immediately attended by the assigned doctors and had their rooms.
The nurses were taken to some of the staff bedrooms to rest because it was already late.
As everyone slept and it was now quiet in the staff room,bAmelia woke up.She had been putting on the act for quite some time as she waited for the others to sleep which didn't take much time.
She sneakily got of the bunk bed and put  on her mask and headed out.
She was looking for SK and Kenzie 'rooms ,as she remembered the wards quite well.
She found Kenzie but someone was there.That got her worried, who could it be, she was sure the original patients didn't have visitors, then who could be attending to them late like this.
She gathered the courage to get in and demanded the  person to turn around.
She was surprised when she found out it was no other than Tom and he was talking to Kenzie.She stepped back with confusion.
"You?"
Tom smiled and looked at her.
"Hey"
"What are you doing here, especially here with her, the supposed to be in a  critically  condition patient?"
"Well I am a doctor and I work here, two I am Kenzie's doctor so I don't think that's a big of a surprise now is it"
Tom walked over to Amelia and put his arm on her shoulder, he was smiling.
Amelia looked at Kenzie and she also was smiling.Amelia felt her blood boil.
She moved Tom's hand and removed her mask.
She then looked at Kenzie," Is this funny, you find this entertaining, making a joke out of me, making me some useless pawn in your game..you.." and with that she stormed off.
"Amelia!", Kenzie called out to her as she was getting off the bed.
"Don't", Tom said as he walked over to Kenzie.
"You stay here, I will go handle  her, besides you mustn't be seen moving around, you are 'badly burnt ' remember"
"But Amy"
"Don't worry, trust me, okay , I am not used to you being worried about anyone"
Kenzie kept quiet and looked at the side.She acted like she didn't care but she always cared, she acted as if she could just hurt anyone's feelings without regret but that wasn't true , she hurt the most , she cared and didn't want to let anyone know, she thought people tended to take advantage of her being like that".
"Okay now, I will go"
Kenzie nodded and covered her face with the bandage.

Few seconds later she heard the door open.
She thought of asking if it was Tom but remembered that it wouldn't be good if it turned out to be someone else so she kept quiet and tracked the person with their footsteps.The person kept on getting closer and closer to her until, a warm hand held her throat, pressing both sides to suffocate her.With her quick reflexes, she quickly turned the tables around and was now pinning the person down.
"Who are you..why do want to kill me", that was a rhetorical question because she literally had enemies who had every reason to kill her, some her fault , others because of hatred.

" Because you think you are smart , you little brat", the voice sounded familiar.Kenzie quickly let go and turned the person around.
"Dylan", she said with a puzzled face.
"Oh now you know me, I thought I would be dead by the time you notice".
"I am sorry,I thought you were...wait how did you even know I am here"
Dylan fixed himself and sat on the small sofa next to the bed.
He just smirked.
Kenzie scoffed too, as she sat up straight.
"Why am I even surprised".
"I knew you will be here before you even came here, you thought you would hide your little plan from me, bad one if you ask me"
Kenzie rolled her eyes, she then laughed, Dylan's presence always reminded her of Tyson, at first she avoided him because of that, but again she now liked the feeling of having someone who cared about her.

"Lost in thoughts huh", Dylan said getting a cigarette out his pocket.
"Don't think about it, or else get out"
"You and your brother aren't any different,  what's up  with  you and my smoking "
Kenzie just ignored him and pointed the door.
"Okay, okay, I will leave, wanted to check on you  since it's going to be hard because this patient doesn't have visitors "
"Not interested in affection Dylan, weird", Kenzie smiled and looked aside, the same went with her brother, it felt weird, and she already saw Dylan as a brother.
"Rascal...if you are checking on that person make sure you are careful not to fall off"
"I won't...wait what do you mean, I don't know what you are talking about ".
Dylan left the room .
Kenzie shook her head,  How much did Dylan know, and  climbing the window part , she never told anyone then how did he know .
Kenzie shook her  head and sighed.
One of the reasons she was here, was because he was here , she heard he got transferred also this side because of her mother.
She didn't have time to waste, Kenzie quickly got off bed and opened her window.She already knew which room it was, she climbed the stub and started walking steadily by the sides.She didn't look down because that would arouse fear and fear was not in her dictionary.
She passed SK 's room , he was still bandaged and lying in his bed, he was definitely asleep even though he would deny it if Kenzie ever asked.
Kenzie finally reached the window she was looking for.The lights were on.
He was doing push ups.It felt strange, how Kenzie didn't know how she was feeling at the moment.A year had passed since she met him.He had been in a coma , right after the incident.She hadn't slept a night without thinking about that night.She found herself responsible for every misery that came over his life.She was to blame for every misfortune, even the fact that he went into coma.She could never bring herself to face him, but she couldn't wait any longer ,running away from him, she needed Lucas and she couldn't bring herself to do anything  without him, she had to take responsibility.Abandoning him, would mean , he was only a toy to get things done, and she didn't feel that way.Kenzie found herself crying and she wiped her tears only realizing that, she was holding on for stability with her hands .She  already saw herself fall , it was too sudden this time and she didn't get a chance to respond or react.

Another early update, I hope y'all enjoy  and let me know your thoughts and opinions.What's your prediction in the next chapter, how do you feel about these characters, do you have something to relate to or something do reflect on.Anything✌️😶✌️