Chapter 4: Outbreak

A flash of green flames enveloped Discord's fiance and as they faded away, a violet alicorn stood in her place. "Twilight?," he questioned,"What sector is she in?". "Unaffected victims. I am using her as a pawn for my IAD squad - Infect And Distract. I am using her to infect Pinkamena Diane Pie. She is easily 'damaged' so she will succumb to the virus in minutes. Then, in Twilights form, I will distract Rainbow Dash, and at the same time, Metamorphia will use Applejacks skin to bring Fluttershy to Sugarcube Corner. As an unaffected victim, she will be accosted by Pinkamena, 'Applejack' will drag her to Rainbow Dash and I will hypnotize them into each others love. I will take them to a secure environment, where their love will be harvested."

* * * * *

Fluttershy ran her fingers through Rainbows spectrum coloured hair. "Dashie ... I love.. You.. I .. Can't believe... We could.. Could be.. . To..gether.... Again," she spoke between kisses. Dash pulled back and smiled. "I could never live without you. So, Flutters. I've been meaning to ask you something."

At that moment, the lights in Fluttershys cottage dimmed and 'Bear' started playing softly from the bedroom. As Fluttershy looked up, startled, Rainbow bent down on one knee. When Shy looked down, she gasped."Oh Rainbow!," she squeaked, eyes full of tears, a huge smile on her face. "Flutter Angela Shy. Will you marry me?"

* * * * *

"Hey Twilight!," Pinkie smiled,"How are ya?". "I'm ... fine," she said,"I was making muffins with Spike earlier - I already delivered some to Derpy - and I was wondering if you'd give 'em a taste-test." "Sure, Twi-twi!," she responded happily. She screwed up her face,"Twi, did you use salt in these? Their - Ugh!,". With that, she collapsed to the floor, convulsing madly whilst foaming at the mouth. Her eyes glazed over green and her coat darkened as her hair fell around her shoulders, now straight and dead-looking. Chrysalis changed back to her usual form, dropped a knife next to Pinkie and locked the door to the shop. She changed to a BonBon skin. Lyra Heartstrings had to get infected to kill her friends, right?