Chapter 15: Monsters lying here

Outside was the worst possible place he could have sent her. Applejack had followed the emergency route out to the overground world, only to find changeling swarming everywhere, and no Twistron in sight. She cupped her stomach protectively and stared around in fear and bewilderment. She began to run towards Ponyville.

Bad move AJ.

Bad move.

*****

"Not now, Flutters! Why are you constantly passing out on me?!", Rainbow Dash yelled. Fluttershy shivered and opened her eyes slowly. She shrieked quietly and scrambled backwards. She pointed a trembling finger towards Dash and shakily said,"But you, you forgot me! What happened Dashie??? ".

Dash sighed and held out her hand, "No time. If we don't escape, Chrysalis will kill us. We have to go! ".

The two girls got to their feet and Rainbow Dash began to run, pulling a shaking Fluttershy behind her. They ran out to the emergency exit, finally getting above ground. The changelings were midair, beginning to fly towards Ponyville. Fluttershy spotted Applejack running slowly in the same direction and broke away from Dash, flying haphazardly towards AJ. Dash sighed and flew quickly towards her, grabbing her to make them go faster. "Dashie! Fluttersha! You two are alright!", Applejack gasped. "We won't be for much longer if we don't escape.",Dash replied swiftly.

The three girls flew to Ponyville, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash carrying Applejack and her unborn child.

*****

"Discord, activate failsafe!", Chrysalis screamed through the microphone system, so both he and the changelings could hear. "As you wish, my love!", he exclaimed. There was a flash, and suddenly the ground all around for miles was chequered pink, purple and cyan. Roads became soap, gravity lost existence in some places and the sky became clouded with cotton candy clouds, lashing chocolate rain. The changelings split into sections and flew to their respective destinations, Canterlot, Manehattan, Las Pegasus and so on. Chrysalis herself led a group to Ponyville, and Discord headed the troupe to the Crystal Empire.

*****

"Gilda! What.. Where?? I mean, how did you-", Greta stammered, cut off sharply by a strong but sweet kiss from Gilda.

"Because I love you".