Chapter 5 | "if only you knew"

Bonnie

The cold winter wind hit our faces as we walked around the streets

I clutch my white jacket even closer to my chest and with the slightest move, Peter seemed to notice.

"Let's stop here to grab a coffee or a hot chocolate and then we can continue our way back." I nod as he refers to a local bakery next to us.

We go inside as Peter opens the door for me once again and I feel cozier only by the sight and smell of coffee.

I look at his reddened face.

"Thank you, really for... doing everything for me." He just smiles, truly, saying nothing afterwards.

We go into the small queue and wait for our turn until I hear someone saying: "Peter!" a pretty brunette guy appears out of nowhere with a big smile plastered on his face.

"Oh my god man, where were you today?" The guy envelops him into a hug but the way Peter reacts, I can see that he looks quite uncomfortable.

Then, the brunette's green eyes find mine and he quickly smirks at me.

"And who might you be?" He says cheekily and I smile innocently.

"I'm Bonnie Perkins, nice to meet you!" I extend a hand to him and he takes it.

"Andre Brown, nice to meet you too." He places a soft kiss onto the back of my palm and from the corner of my eye, I see Peter's jaw clench.

"Next!" The cashier shouts and we both order our drinks.

"I would like a Hot cocoa with extra marshmallows please."
I look at the boys and see that Andre is giving me a really weird side eye and Peter is smiling at me.

"And I would like a coffee please." Peter says hoarsely.

He makes a move to open his wallet but I make a disagreeing sound and pay the woman as fast as I can.

Peter glares at me and I smile cheekily, proud of my action.

He's already letting me stay with him in his tiny apartment (and trust me, I'm a big pain in the ass) plus he already bought me the music box and I saw the price (oh lord that thing was expensive!) And not only to mention that he said he had so many surprises for me!

The least I can do is pay for him his coffee.

The three of us go to another queue to wait for our drinks.

"Wow, West! I'm shocked You didn't pay for this beautiful girl! Thought your father taught manners." Peter was about to say something but then I stop him with a hand to his chest. "Look Andre, Peter did a lot for me today and trust me when I say a lot is a lot, so this is the least I could do for him." I feel Peter lighty smile and his cheeks start to turn a bit red.

I pick up my hot cocoa and give Peter his coffee, "Come on! The gang is there, Bonnie. If you don't mind, it would be fun if you could meet them!" Andre says and I nod looking at Peter, but I see that he's not looking at me, but at Andre with the slightest glare.

He leads us to a table in the corner where a blonde girl and a boy with painted light gray hair is at.

The girl spots us (me I mean) and gives me the biggest smile anyone has ever given me.

"Oh my god, let me guess, you're the famous Bonnie Perkins Peter is always talking about." I smile at her and then at Peter and see that he's piercing his lips and his face is completely red.

"Yes, Yes I am." I laugh and that makes the brown eyed girl squeal in excitement.

"I'm Nellie Stephens and was the only girl in this group of boys (and now I'm not the only girl now that you're here) and I can't help but say thank you, thank you, thank you you saved my life." I laugh even more at her comment but then I remember something, "Oh but um, Nellie, I'm only here for the holidays." She smirks, taking a glance at Peter and then at me.

"Sure...we'll see about that." I blush and then the gray haired guy stands up and smiles at me. "I'm Mickey Patridge, nice to meet you Bonnie." We shake hands and I look at his arm to see a flower tattoo that runs from his arm and onto the beginning of his neck.

He places an arm around Nellie's shoulder and kisses her cheek.

Aw, how adorable.

We sit all together at the table and they let me talk about Boston and how it's like living in a big city. Later they tell me all the gossip and stuff going on in Winterville.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you guys meet Peter?"

Nellie smirks, leaning in closer to Mickey but giving Peter a 'knowing look'

"One day we saw Peter at Mrs. Diaz's cafe and he looked quite sad while drawing a little brown haired girl on his school notebook. We decided to go there, me and Mickey since we haven't met Andre yet and we decided to introduce ourselves to him, and that's what happened." I smile feeling a warm feeling in my heart knowing that Peter wasn't completely alone after I left.

"Why were you sad though?" I ask specifically to Peter and he only looks down at his coffee and doesn't answer me. "He was missing you." Nellie answers for me and I see Peter giving Nellie a murderous look.

There was a small silence covering the table until Andre cleared his throat and looked at me with a knowing grin.

"So Bon," He raises his eyebrows, "would you like someday to grab a coffee with me here, just us too." Andre places a hand behind my back and winks at me.

I can feel everyone from the group staring at me, specifically Peter.

I can feel him glaring and giving Andre a death stare, but most importantly, I can feel his eyes pleading me to refuse his wish.

I hate saying no to people. It truly hurts me and as much as I only see Andre as a friend I decide to say: "Someday I guess." Without another minute to wait, I hear the sound of Peter's wooden chair scratching the marble floor and making everyone in the bakery stop their conversation to look at him.

But Peter doesn't seem to care, he just stands up and leaves the bakery, not once looking back at me.

I frown, looking at Nellie to see if she knew something I didn't.

Nellie frowns back at me too and says: "Oh honey, if only you knew..."

꒦꒷꒷꒦

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

꒦꒷꒷꒦

oooh jealously, jealously...
hehe.
I love Nellie btw.

my social media:
Instagram: @gabislbrary
TikTok: @gabilpcv