Chapter 12 | "we're just... friends"

Bonnie

"Amy?" We both speak at the same time

Suddenly, a little smile appears on Amy's face. "Peter!" She jumps on top of him and Peter picks her up, spinning her around.

Aw, how cute. I smile to myself, feeling an incredible warmth in my chest. We missed you so much Peter you can't even imagine!" Little Amy giggles, hugging him tighter.

Peter and I lock eyes and he gives me the kindest smile I've ever seen him give to anyone.

"Amy, remember Bonnie?" He mumbles in her light hair and she turns to me.

Her blue eyes—the same as her brother's— shining from the sunlight.

"Bonnie?" She tilts her head, "Hi amy." I felt my eyes stinging as I tried not to cry.

Amy, in the speed of light, jumps from Peter to me and squeezes me to her small body.

I chuckle, "God, Amy you are so big!" I softly squeeze her pink cheeks.

She giggles, "And you look prettier!" I laugh, feeling Peter's gaze on me. When I look at him he is leaning against the door frame with the slightest smile on his face, one dimple popping out.

He then mouths; She's not wrong though. I blush and then look back at the cutest girl I've ever seen.

"Peter! Hi my darling!" A woman's voice appears as I turn around to see the other short haired blond.

"Hey mom." Peter mumbles, hugging her. Then, A tall man with a beard and glasses steps past the small crowd and hugs Peter too.

The woman's eyes catch mine as realization hits her. Her eyes go wide.

"Oh my god! Bonnie? You look so big!" Mrs. West hugs me tightly, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Oh my! I haven't seen you in such a long time!" She examines me and I smile.

"Please come sit with us to have lunch!" She invites me proudly and I thank her while greeting Mr. West.

Peter's parents are the sweetest couple on this planet, they are perfect in every way. Literally every way.

They love me and I love them. I remember when Mrs. West used to bake us the best cookies I've ever eaten. Every day after school when I had time to go to Peter's house, she used to prepare lunch for us while we played video games and Mr. West also used to play with us when he came back from work. It was just perfect.

Mr and Mrs West are guiding the way while Peter, Amy and I are at the back,

Amy holding both of our hands.

"You really didn't have to come with us, you know how my parents can be a big pain in the ass." Peter whispers, making sure Amy didn't hear anything.

"Nonsense! I love your family." He smiles and winks at my response.