Chapter 10 | "couldn't live without"

Bonnie

"Come on, I wanna take you somewhere" Peter says, pulling me by the hand as we exit Mrs

"Come on, I wanna take you somewhere" Peter says, pulling me by the hand as we exit Mrs. Diaz coffee shop.

"Where are we going?" I exclaim as we cross the snowy street.

"Remember what we did last christmas eve?"

"Where are we going?" I whispered to little Pete as he grabbed me by the hand and guided the way. "You'll see." We ran faster across the busy streets until he came to a stop.

I looked straight ahead and felt myself gasping in shock. "It's christmas eve B, Let's have a bit of fun." And then, he guided me to the ice skating rink.

"Oh my god I can't believe it!" I put a hand to my mouth as I look at the not-too-full ice rink. "We used to come here a lot." He whispers and I sadly smile. "Yes we did."

"So let's have a bit of fun." He repeats the same words and we run to the ice rink entrance.

God, how I missed this town.

"Hello there! Would you like tickets for two—" The man stops and stares at us. More like reading us.

I shrink my eyes. Wait, this guy seems familiar...

"This duo," He pats his beard, "I would have recognized you two anywhere! Peter and Bonnie, am I right?" Suddenly, realization hits me.

"Old John!" I say, surprised. "I haven't seen you guys in years! What happened?" Before I can open my mouth, Peter says: "Bonnie moved out of town five years ago and... I guess I didn't come here a lot after that." He looks hurt. I slowly pat his shoulder.

"But anyways we're back now!" I try to cheer him up and he just gives me a soft smile.

We pay Old John the tickets and he gives us two pairs of ice skates. "You can sit there and change your shoes, have fun guys!" We smile and wave at him and then sit on the puffy benches to put on our shoes.

I look at Peter and he looks down with a sad expression on his face.

"You wanna talk?" I say gently, "There's nothing to talk about." He mumbles under his breath and I sigh, knowing exactly why he is acting like a baby.

"We still have one week left together Pete. Plus I'm gonna be visiting you more now that we finished school." He softly smiles, "But let's not think about the future yet, let's think of the present." I wink at him and his smile only grows.

"Now come on, Let's go to the Ice rink!"

We both take one step at a time in the ice rink and we almost fall on top of each other.

"If I fall, you're falling with me."

I clutch his shoulder, and that makes him smile once again, his dimples showing off. "Aww you have dimples! That's so cute!" I make a move to touch his face but I slip and almost fall to the ground, until a pair of two strong hands grab me.