Chapter 14 | "pure heaven"

Bonnie

Some hours ago

Some hours ago...

"Oooh there's hot chocolate! Who wants hot chocolate!?" Nellie interrupts me, pulling us all into the food area.

We choose a free picnic table and Nellie starts chit chatting about some things she heard from her neighbor.

Then she looks at Peter and Mickey. "What are you waiting for? Be a gentleman and go bring us hot cocoa! Chop chop!" I giggle at her attitude while both boys go to the coffee machine queue.

Nellie quickly turns to me. "So... when are you two gonna finally admit your feelings for each other." I give her a look.

"Nellie how many times do I have to tell you—" "Oh cut the bullshit Bonnie! It's obvious, so freaking obvious how you two are soooo in love." She shouts a bit loudly. "Nellie! Shhh! People will hear us." She crosses her arms, "Who cares if they hear us! It's the truth. I just don't get how you can be so oblivious with all of this." I look down at my cozy shoes knowing deep down that she's right.

"You better tell him soon, cus if he won't man up then you'll woman up." I smile and she returns the gesture.

"Look, you're gonna lose him  if you don't tell him, and he already has his heart broken. I don't want him having to deal with this all over again. Nellie whispers softly this time, placing her hand in mine. "Now, let's go back to me acting as if you two are already dating, tell me—"

The boys arrive right on time and give us the hot cocoas. I smile at Peter while he sits next to me.

"So what were you ladies talking about?" he says while I take a large sip of the hot beverage.

"Oh, I was just asking Bonnie if you were good in bed." I choke on my drink while Peter stares at me with an expression I haven't really seen before.

Maybe Nellie is right, maybe he does like me...?

I keep thinking of that question while Nellie starts babbling about more gossip until the town hall becomes a little bit too crowded and we decide to go take some fresh air. Nellie gives me a knowing look and winks at me as her and Mickey walk past me and Peter.

"It's Christmas Peter, I have so many memories of our last Christmas together." I look at the glowing sky, taking a deep breath in. I close my eyes. A wave of Nostalgia hits me as I remember all of our good moments. One by one.

The toy store, the ice skating, the snowball fight, the snowman, the snow angels...

I open my eyes looking at Peter and he stares at me, lost in his thoughts. But he was looking at me in a different way, in a passionate and beautiful way.

I chuckle, breaking his thoughts I suppose. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

He sighs, still with that look. "Because I fucking love you Perkins."

I freeze. Can't move. Can't speak. 

He was finally admitting. "I'm sorr—"before he can finish his sentence I bring his lips to mine. Kissing him slowly and soundly.

He gasps but then kisses me back in a matter of seconds, but this kiss was not like the time we kissed under a mistletoe, this kiss was more heated, as if his mouth against mine was another form of oxygen and without it, we wouldn't survive.

His head leaning forward as the kiss starts burning.

He then touches my smoothe cheek and grips my long waist, tilting my head backwards as I part my lips and he shoves a tongue inside my warm mouth. Tongue touching tongue, mouth touching mouth, body touching body.

This feels like heaven. Pure heaven.

Peter then breaks the kiss but still holds me in his arms.

"I've been wanting to do this for years." I raise an eyebrow. "Years?" He then chuckles hoarsely.

"Bonnie Perkins, I've been in love with you since the first eye contact we've ever made. You were everything to me, still are, but when we were young I didn't have the balls to tell you how much I loved you and with a blink of an eye, you were gone. And I couldn't bear to think of the fact that I let you go without telling you how I felt. I tried forgetting about you, I really did, but either way it never worked! I was...obsessed with you." I chuckle feeling my eyes sting.

"And then, after five years my parents tell me you're spending the Christmas holidays with me, in my own house! I tried acting as if we were just friends but I couldn't, because I still loved you even though I tried telling myself I didn't. But the more time I spent with you the more I got addicted to you." I put a hand to my mouth. I've never thought Peter was in love with me. I don't even know what to say.

He blushes, rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry... got a little carried away." I smile pulling him closer to me and leaning forward to kiss him again, slower this time and pleasantly.

His lips are warm and soft and it feels safe, because I know he'll never let me go again, and I know that for the first time in my life, I found someone that saved me, cared for me and loved me and it was him, Peter West, and I truly don't want to let go of him. Never again.

THE END
(technically)

꒦꒷꒷꒦

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

꒦꒷꒷꒦

well that was emotional 🥲
This is technically the end of this short story bc the next chapter is kind of an epilogue.
But anyway hope you guys liked this book (because I loved writing it)
And if you can I would appreciate if you could write a short review bc that would help me a lot. But anyways, thank you for reading this book, you made my day! Ily 🫶

my social media:
Instagram: @gabislbrary
TikTok: @gabilpcv