c𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔫𝔢 - ℑ𝔫𝔡𝔦𝔤𝔬 ཐིཋྀ⋆

I stood somewhere in the center of the club, surrounded by strangers jamming to the music

I stood somewhere in the center of the club, surrounded by strangers jamming to the music. So loud, that my eardrums started to hurt.

The colorful lights shone across the room, enlightening the people's faces. My eyes scanned the crowd with the hope, that a friend or acquaintance of mine visited today.

Normally, it's always the case, but this time? No sight of anybody. My heart began to pound harder, as the sixth sense, told me, that someone would be watching me. This specific gaze left burn marks on my bare skin. Not only now. The moment I arrived here.

Do I look stupid? Did my dress flip up? Is my fringe disheveled again?

I immediately checked. Grazing my hands over the black, silky fabric of my relatively scant dress. Pulling the hem a bit more down, attempting to make it seem longer.

The stare made me insecure. I didn't know where it came from, or if there even was someone doing so.

You're paranoid, Lara.

My gaze traveled over the crowd, searching for the intruder. Nothing.

Not even a single pair of eyes fixated on me. Everybody minding their business. Near the entrance a group of people. Another one is near the restrooms.

But, a person was standing out. Right in the corner. Maybe it was just my perception, even though I'm almost sure he's the one, observing me for a while now.

Gold-blond hair long enough to tie to a low ponytail. Loosened strains, he used as bangs. Nipping on his whiskey. From what I could tell from afar, is that he has a sense of fashion. Leger. A black polo shirt, combined with trousers in the same color.

For whatever reason my knees weakened. I ripped my glances away from him and turned away. It's rude to stare. He might watch someone else.

The speakers blasted "Rude Boy" by Rihanna through the room. Finally a good song after half an hour. Indigo needs to hire a new DJ as soon as possible.

I took a deep breath, calming myself down. My heart wouldn't stop beating so fast, that I had a feeling it would jump straight out of me.

My feet started hurting from wearing uncomfortable high heels. I won't go home, unless this stare stops, doesn't matter how foolish this sounds.

Not so far away from me, two drunk guys got into a fistfight. The doorman split them apart, banning both of them from the club. Grabbing one by the collar and dragging him out.

Completely paralyzed I followed the drama, not noticing a person standing behind me. The prosperous, citrusy scent covered my sense of smell.

His body warmth projected onto mine. However, we weren't touching. My skin didn't even stroke his, and neither did he mine.

"Isn't it too dangerous for a woman to be on her own in a club?" The voice behind me questioned. A deep and manly voice, but along with a hint of carefulness. His tone sent a shiver down my spine.