𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 - 𝔭𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 ཐིཋྀ⋆

The last time I had a stage fright was in high school and with getting older, one realizes, there was no need to

The last time I had a stage fright was in high school and with getting older, one realizes, there was no need to. I was not scared of failing in front of the students, since I was neither popular nor an outsider. Erring in front of the professors was worse.

Growing up in a Brazilian family means pressure to perform and become a lawyer or a doctor. At least that was, what my Mom wanted me to become.

My Dad didn't really care about my future occupation as long as I'm happy.

As an extrovert, talking isn't hard at all. Doesn't matter if it's with one person or in front of a whole audience. Portraying that situation from my childhood to now is pretty much the same. The unfamiliar workers and sponsors are my neutral classmates, some of them are friends with me, some probably don't like me and the majority most likely won't give a fuck.

But Matteo is the teacher who's going to judge my rendition. I know that he won't be harsh with me, even if anything goes wrong, still have the urge to be the best version of myself and prove to him that choosing me for the job was the right thing to do.

"Good Evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. Today you're going to listen to a presentation by the Californian interior architect, Lara Sequiera!" The program speaker announced and I took a deep gust, before stepping on the vast stage.

My mind raced and I held the index cards with my sweaty palms. Loud applause from the audience loosened the tension in my body a bit and the man handed me the mic.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you very much for gathering together this evening to listen to my presentation. As you heard, my name is Lara Sequiera and my assignment was to design your future office of Edge Force."

Even more cheering reached me and I reminded myself to talk slower.

"First of all, I'm going to thank Mister Díaz for hiring me and everyone listening."
Wait I already mentioned them listening how embarrassing. Luckily was somewhere in the crowd, invisible to me, otherwise my nervousness would tip over the edge.

About three minutes into the presentation I stuttered a lot more than expected and the structure seemed to get lost.

"Excuse me, I don't know what's wrong," I murmured into the microphone and then remembered how it always worked to make the best out of the situation to regain confidence and be honest.

I laughed, clearing my throat and thinking about all the moments Matteo and I experienced, assuring me that he would be the last person to judge. The time, my ice cream dripped on his shirt, he also acted calm.
However, this is an important presentation.