𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔢𝔫 - 𝔟𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔥𝔡𝔞𝔶 ཐིཋྀ⋆

Lara's hand held mine, leading me downstairs

Lara's hand held mine, leading me downstairs. The blindfold obscured my vision and I was unnerved to trip.

"I made you a special breakfast." Her enchanting voice affirmed and my feet touched the living room's warm ground.

It must be about a week since we arrived from Rom back in Palermo and the day the office is finally designed comes near. Today was a more or less important day for me. My 24th Birthday everyone probably forgot except the closest people around me.

"Who the hell makes breakfast in the living room?" She laughed at my inquiry and untied the blindfold.

She pointed the couch table out. My mouth stood agape and an unmeasurable amount of euphoria surged from my brain to every part of my body.

On the round glass table was a birthday cake with the number '42' on it. Thank you very much for making me feel old, Lara. From the colors used, I guessed the flavor to be coffee and blueberry.

Next to the cake was a present in a strange shape, wrapped in blue glitter foil.

I didn't think twice and kissed her as quickly as possible on her lips, sweeping her off her feet and spinning us around.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!" I yelled, nearly crushing her in my arms.

She laughed, hugging me back. "Happy Birthday, Matteo."

Lara's eyes darted up to me and shit. It doesn't matter how often I saw them these last days/weeks and still admire them every single time.

Alleviating gray-green siren eyes, matching her long eyelashes. Heart-shaped mouth made for me to kiss every day of the week and the bottom one to captivate between my teeth. High cheekbones and a pointy nose.

Her fringe turned into a mess every time I wanted to kiss her forehead and would need to push it aside. And her dark brown hair smells and is divine, just like her skin and body in general. I don't mind having it to rest on mine or her legs hooked over my shoulders while being buried deeply inside of her.

„You're six years away from turning thirty you know that?"
I rolled my eyes at her malicious remark, unwrapping the present. A lion stuffed animal with a letter next to it.

Dear Matteo,

did you think, I'd forget your birthday? I just want to thank you for being in my life and letting me see you each day. Even if we are both most of the time occupied, I value our free time. Let me spoil you today, it's a very special occasion and I want to make you the happiest human being on earth.

Yours, Lara.

My eyes got a bit watery and I'd need to slide a finger over my lids. She's perfect. I know one shouldn't say so, however, doesn't that make me change my mind?

"What are we...?" I asked, hoping for a fitting answer from her. "Look...I prefer being business partners for now. It's too early to date properly and I'd feel like a gold digger if we are working together."