𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 - 𝔷𝔬𝔬 ཐིཋྀ⋆

"Dear family and acquaintances of Gabriel Sequiera, today we are gathered to mourn his death and say our last goodbyes to him

"Dear family and acquaintances of Gabriel Sequiera, today we are gathered to mourn his death and say our last goodbyes to him." The officiant started the eulogy. My mother's sweaty palms rested on my hand, supporting me through the evening. As time passed by and I heard speeches of people who barely knew him, I couldn't take it anymore.

Talking about a person, you know nothing about. "He was a respectful boy." A colleague of my mother quavered. Respectful enough to intend to kill his mother and sister and blackmail us with a knife?

I had no planning to go up on that stage and be the only one to speak up, about who he was. A disgrace to our family. Someone who I wished was never born.

His friends weren't even here and I fear, that they never loved him. Just used him to get into drugs. I wish Adrían was here to calm me down and tell me, how everything is fine, while my mother was up on the podium, talking about how good of a son, he was.

"He had his flaws. Even more than other children, I suppose. But he was my son after all. And I will forever mourn his death and how he died in such a horrible way. I will never forgive the person to make him die in such a way." *himself.*

The lack of tears in her eyes betrayed her. I believe her, that she is sad, but I guess the feeling we both feel the most is relief.

Suddenly my eyes began to water and as soon as I tried to wipe one tear rolling down my cheek with my finger away, I shrieked. Blood. My eyes shed blood while my mouth was drooling. Drooling blood.

Is this what Gabriel went through? What did he feel while overdosing?

An impulsive, sharp pain stinging in my heart caught me off guard. A knife sticking in my chest, causing my chest to free blood all over the tiled ground. I screamed for help, so loud that my lungs weren't capable of consuming more oxygen. My inhuman cries for help echoed through the whole ceremony hall, while everyone watched me suffer. They didn't raise a helping hand to help me and get me out of this situation. Neither removing the knife. The sharp pain continued, letting my heart bleed as my vision blackened.

Somebody shook my shoulders, I didn't know who. My eyes weren't able to open, as if they were glued together. "Lara!" a familiar voice from far away hollowed. I guided my hands through the eternal dark, grasping after a male torso. My shoutings grew louder, realizing someone was there for me. Someone I could feel on my skin.

"Lara, please wake up!" The man exclaimed, pinning me by my arms to the bed. Slowly I got pulled back to reality. By blurry vision, I could see a person lingering over my body. Matteo?

I stared at his frame, while my screams turned into sobs of distress and trepidation. "I'm here for you, it's okay." He secured it, slipping his hand under the back of my head and caressing it. Matteo shushed me and it was in the most loving way possible. Drops of sorrow continued rolling over my cheek and he leaned down to kiss every single one of them away.