Chapter 8: Banishment

News around the world had broken down. The kingdom of Okemia had won over the kingdom of Akshara. The Oni were becoming more of a threat to the world. The humans were becoming more angry. The world wanted to get rid of Oni's and their ever-growing kingdom.

The only thing Akashi could think about was Amilia. Wondering if she was alright, she got anxious. She wanted to see her again. The kingdom of Akshara was under Okemia's control though. For Akashi to go against a whole kingdom, let alone by herself, would be suicide. The only thing she could do was hope and pray that Amilia was not getting tortured by the pacifist Oni and humans.

Keomi, who cared dearly for Akashi, comforted her when she was feeling down. Akashi told Keomi about her whole adventure and the lovely people she had met. At this point, Keomi understood her painfully after knowing how much Akashi cared for Amilia.

Other than the horrible news, Akashi was fitting into the village wonderfully even after everyone learned that she was an Oni. She helped around with carrying heavy items, farming, and other issues. The villagers loved having Akashi in their village and had no problems with her.

Once the news came out, though, some villagers became more conscious of Akashi. They could trust her but she was an Oni. The kingdom of Akshara was not perfect but it was the better way to live rather than living off of a few dollars a day in a small village. There were more opportunities and protection in the kingdom. Out in these small villages, everyone relied on the crops they grew. Of course, they loved the peace in the small village, it just wasn't providing enough money. The work was hard as well. This was the hard truth of living a peaceful life.

Akashi, who loved peace, never saw the downside of it. Until she realized she was living the poor life again. Small beds, short houses, hard work with little money, and constantly being hungry. It was not the life Akashi thought she would have to experience again. Besides the poorness, she loved it in the village. It was her dream come true.

After thinking it over, Akashi wanted the whole world to realize what a little peace can do to someone, but how can one alone make peace to all? This was the big question. On top of that problem, she was still an Oni. She was amongst the least peaceful. She would have to come up with something later because Akashi was busy with something else at the moment.

Keomi stood in front of Akashi. His hands were holding Akashi's. Akashi was in her human form at this point. Her Oni's size would not fit in the rowing boat that they were in on the lake that was next to the village. Keomi stared into Akashi's eyes. The silence between them made Akashi feel awkward about this whole situation, but at the same time, she loved looking back into Keomi's eyes.

Before this Keomi had asked Akashi out on a date. He prepared a boat for both of them. He covered the wooden seats in the rowing boat with a thin cloth to make it more comfortable. He stuffed a basket inside as well covered in another thin cloth. He placed it behind him to hide before Akashi could find it.

Now, with the silence, Keomi just smiled.

"Akashi, you've been here with us for a few months now in the village," Keomi said.

Akashi smiled and replied to Keomi.

"It's been very nice. I've finally found peace and it's better than I imagined." Akashi said.

More silence filled the air. Both Keomi and Akashi had never been in love before. It was a new experience.

Keomi pulled out the basket behind him and took off the thin cloth covering it. He opened it and pulled out two small sandwiches that he prepared beforehand.

"Here," Keomi gave Akashi a sandwich.

She took a bit out of the sandwich. It tasted amazing to Akashi. Keomi took a bite of his sandwich as well.