Click (1): The Angel who has a big camera

BOOM BOOM BOOM

Blinding light and deafening sound came first, then the dust over the air and cries of despair.

A peaceful town has become ruins before this nameless child’s eyes.

Today was their birthday. They were going to wish in front of the candles on their birthday cake. But now, everything was gone, including their family, their pet and their friends.

Desperately hiding under the ruins, the child quietly wished there would be no blinding light and deafening sound coming. Then, they saw a big camera pointing right at them, a small red light and heard a gentle voice.

"Happy your birth and death day.”

That man smiled at them with his sad eyes. His skin was gray and his body was floating in the air.

The child naively asked:

“Are you the Angel of Death?”

The man’ eyes goggles.

“My Gramps used to tell me a story about an angel who had a big camera on their hands. They floated all over the battlefield and used their camera to record the truth!”

The man silently nodded for the second sentence.

“It was really hurt, Mr. Angel!” The child sobbed, “I was really scared when I didn’t see anyone next to me.”

“Did they all come to heaven before me, Mr. Angel?”

The man nodded and slowly said:

“They are waiting for you.”

After hearing that, the child had a bright smile on their damaged face. 

“Thank you, Mr. Angel. Hope to see you again in heaven!”

They were no longer breathing. 

The man - Click closed his eyes. He has seen so many children dying by his own eyes and his camera. But he would never get used to it.

He looked at the small body a little bit longer, as if recording it into his brain.

Though he didn’t know if an uncommon ghost like him could go to heaven or the child could hear him, he still answered seriously.

“Hope to see you in heaven too.”