Vertin x Schneider: Tell me, Schneider

That drizzling rain once again appeared in Vertin’s dream. She could immediately realize this was a dream because the faces of everybody here were just like a messy color palette. Each person played their own roles, including the girl with eyes gleaming like ruby. 

Though Vertin couldn’t recall their names, she was certain that those were the dear ones she had lost during the cruel “Storm”. 

The rain became heavier, giving a signal that something terrible was near.

The Storm is coming, someone said.

After that, fewer and fewer people remained in her dream. When there was only one person left, Vertin regained control of her body. Looking at the red umbrella in the girl’s hand that was covering the top of their heads, she smelt a familiar fragrance of oranges coming from the girl’s body. 

Suddenly, an image of a light kiss placed on her pale lips under the red umbrella appeared in her head. It carried the gentle comfort and a strange emotion which Vertin couldn’t recognize at that time. 

From that unforgettable day, she had seeked the answer day and night, because it always made her heart aching as she tried to recall memories about that girl.

What was that feeling called?

Following Vertin’s memories coming back, the color palette on that girl’s face slowly became complete. Those ruby eyes, brownish-black short hair and red feathers were still the same as the day she vanished in her arms.

Finally, Vertin was able to call that girl’s name.

“Tell me, Schneider.”

She hugged that girl tightly and desperately thought about what would happen next.

“Please… tell me…”

Her vision was gradually blurred and her voice became choky. 

In this dream, she was helpless once again. 

Then, she felt gentle pats on her back. It was the first time “Schneider” did something that was out of the progression of the dream. 

“As long as you don’t forget me,...”

“Schneider” whispered in her ears. Her breath was so warm that Vertin couldn’t distinguish between dream and reality anymore. 

“...the answer will always be here.”

Those red ruby eyes flickered in the reverse rain, as if a beast was threatening anything that would harm its mate.

“In the dream that just has the two of us.”