A chaotic incident in Sicily (9)

Responding to Mozzoni's words was a familiar laughter from the front seat.

"Madam, was that a proper attitude for someone who required our help?"

First they saw her vague smile along with the two symmetrical moles, then her beautiful red eyes that could see through what people hid behind their masks.

"What do you mean, young girl?"

The old lady slightly raised her eyebrow and deliberately emphasized the two last words as she looked at the woman.

"You may have more 'experiences in life' than any of us, but..." She paused to let her eyes make contact with the other, "...we aren't that immature to be fooled by your threatening words."

That woman was gorgeous like a passionate red rose. However, even at first glance, no one would see her as a delicate rose that needed to be protected inside a glass cage.

"I may underestimate you due to your young age." The old lady smiled, "What do you want to know to accept my second option? Tell me."

"Madam, a fair negotiation only begins if there's no secret between two sides."

The woman calmly said.

"You have the advantages of information and possibly force, while we have the possibility that you are seeking for."

Before the old lady could refute her, she continued giving the evidence to prove "the possibility" in her speech.

"You knew the Marino clan, right? Of course, if you didn't have any relationship with them, you wouldn't be here."

The woman pretended to be surprised as if she had just discovered something.

"Then you've already heard from them about what we've done."

The old lady slightly shook her head.

"Those things are still not enough to persuade me, including your latest performance."

"I haven't done my speech yet."

Tennant replied confidently.

"At the wedding scene, we found a sacrificial ritual that was related to arcanum."

The moment Mozzoni's calm face appeared a tiny change, she knew she had taken the initiative in this conversation, though it was just temporary.

"How much did you know about that ritual?" The old lady immediately asked.

"We may know a lot, or we may know just a little bit."

The woman narrowed her eyes with the smile of a fraudster.

"...And that will depend on your sincerity."

In Mozzoni's eyes, Tennant was more like a spider that used rose as a bait to lure its prey into the spiderweb, her trap.

The old lady let out a small sigh, accurately, a sigh of relief.

"To see the young generation of the Foundation like you children was a blessing."

Her expression now looked more relaxed and genuine than before, to the extent that Tennant could trust 30 - 40% of her words. Of course, the number was just estimated.

"Alright, I will introduce myself again properly." Mozzoni said.

"My name is Francesca Mozzoni, a retired employee of the St. Pavlov Foundation, Italy's branch, Sicily's Office."

"My former position was the Chief of Sicily's Office from 1920 to 1952."

Her answer was beyond Vertin and Sonetto's expectations. About Tennant, she had returned to her seat and rested again. Others also let the two girls handle the communication, just like the first day they came to Sicily.