Click (3): Have ghosts ever dreamt?

Have ghosts ever dreamt?

“Actually, I don’t know either.” said Click, while scratching his unkempt curly hair. His eyes rolled to another direction and his mind tried to recall the early time after his soul was disembodied.

Even when he was still alive, he didn't sleep much. That could be seen through the dark circles under his eyes. There were so many things to do for a journalist on the battlefield, such as writing accounts, taking photos and filming what was happening in the midst of the war.

At that time, he must be extremely careful once he entered the front lines. There may be landmines underground, snipers hiding faraway and unexpected bombs, grenades or missiles being fired from the aircraft.

Though not fearing death, he would never be reckless when it came to surviving. He knew that once his physical body was severely damaged, he wouldn’t be able to take any photos or bring back the truth anymore.

Since turning into a ghost, Click has no longer slept because sleep is vital to him no more. He could move as far as he wanted, days and nights, without suffering from fatigue. Also, his mind was clearer than ever.

That’s why he doesn't really know if ghosts can dream or not.

“...Maybe I can try it once and give you the answer later.” said he, with the same expression as usual before bidding Vertin farewell.

The night came.

It was not the same day he had that unusual conversation with Vertin.

His feet touched the ground and they began to walk. Soon, some old ruins appeared before his eyes.

He chose a place that used to be the house of a family, sat down and leaned his back against the damaged wall.

Then, he looked at the sky. Numerous stars and a single moon were there, shining brightly and peacefully, though he knew they just reflected light of the sun far far away. There were no traces of smoke, dust over the air or the strong smell of gunpowder which once existed here.

He saw some sprouts along the base of the wall. Perhaps there were countless rains pouring on this land and washing away the disastrous and suffering traces, except for those old ruins.

“Happy your birth and death day.”

He murmured to himself and slowly closed his dull gray eyes.

So, did Click dream?

He himself didn't know either.

‘Hope to see you again in heaven!’

Inside the darkness, he heard some voices from the old days.