Horrorpedia: A "haunted house" trip

"Okay... I didn't expect our "haunted house" trip would become so successful like this..." said Horrorpedia, with heavy breath and sweat falling from his forehead.

Next to him, the ghost photographer silently nodded.

Now both of them were trapped in this "haunted house" and were restricted from using arcanum. Even Click wasn't able to move through the wall anymore.

Through the gap of the closet door, they could hear a mischievous laugh and a giant shadow with sharp teeth reflected on the wall outside.

"I can hear your voice~"

"I can sense your presence~"

The footsteps became closer and closer, which made Horrorpedia unconsciously stop his breathing. Though his mind was all blank and his heart beated like a drum, the sparkle in his eyes was brighter than ever.

"Come out and play with ME."

When there were only 3 steps from the closet, a terrifying scream and dog's bark suddenly came out at the same time.

"AAAHHHHH!"

"WOOF WOOF WOOF!"

"Oh, are there other guests who want to join my party too? Hehehehe..."

Contrary to the naivety and joyfulness in the seeker's voice, it was the total creepiness in Horrorpedia' ears. As he thought they would get closer, open the door and put an end to him and his ghost friend, they changed their direction.

"Don't miss me! I will be back~"

The smaller the footsteps could be heard, the louder Horrorpedia let out his sigh.

"They just need a few steps..."

The man murmured with a disappointed face.

Quietly watching the changes in his companion's expression, Click had no clue why he became downhearted after not being caught.

'He will regain those sparkling eyes soon.' thought Click, while giving a light pat on the other's shoulder. This was a way of comforting people in his faint memories when he was still alive.

So, what was the beginning of their weird situation right now?

Let's go back to a few hours ago.

Today was Horrorpedia's birthday and he received a couple of tickets to the "haunted house" in a no-name amusement park from Blonney. However, both Blonney and Jessica were hanging out with each other, Vertin had work to do and Sonetto would never accept this kind of invitation, as well as his old colleagues.

The expiration date of the tickets was also today and it made him feel a little regret if he gave up on it.

That was why Horrorpedia immediately catched Click's hand when he saw the other was floating in the living room of the suitcase.

"You're free right?"

Suddenly facing those brown puppy eyes, Click calmly nodded.

"Great! Please come to the haunted house with me! I have tickets!"

Horrorpedia showed a pair of tickets in his hand and expectation in his sparkling eyes.

After some quick thought, Click accepted his invitation and that was how their trip began.

When they reached the destination, there was nothing crowded and colorful like the brochure Blonney gave Horrorpedia, but an old and desolate amusement park. No person could be seen at the entrance gate, except two monkey figures wearing red waiter' outfits had their mouths open and a line of scribbled text written on each monkey's belly.