A chaotic incident in Sicily (3)

[???: Wait, I just realized the way I'm telling this story was a bit too fast.

???: Our characters will fight and then go home soon, if I still keep that speed.

???: Too boring and too predictable, though it wasn't actually a good story from the beginning.

???: Let's come back to some points before continuing on with the chaotic wedding. So that you can have a better understanding (or not) of that scene.]

--------

The first point: 11:35pm, April 15th, 1955, in the rented house (last night)

Last night was truly a sleepless night with many people, including Necrologist. After returning to her room, she sat down on the bed and tilted her head to hear something in the air.

"Yes, Mrs. Marino."

She nodded.

"...Oh, I see. I'm glad that you could recall some of your important memories."

She held the small notebook in her hand and wrote the information that the deceased was telling her.

"You mean you knew the perpetrator who took your life away?"

"A person who could take the weapon from nowhere?"

"...I got it."

She closed her notebook as the deceased continued to fall asleep.

Mrs. Marino, the old woman inside the tombstone that she was holding all the time, was about to reach her limit. The number of times she slept happened more frequently and the period of the sleep just became longer and longer. Soon, she would eventually never wake up again.

At first look, it would make others think the deceased finally rested in peace. However, only Necrologist knew that each soul had its own limit. Counting from the day they died, the longest time they could exist can last a thousand years, but the shortest time might just last 49 days.

Mrs. Marino was just a normal human and her soul's period had already lasted 2 years. Depending on its current status, Necrologist had made a calculation and given a result that she only had two days left before the deceased lost consciousness forever.

This was also the biggest reason why Necrologist urgently made a request to Sicily as quickly as possible.

'I need to tell them.'

Her room was on the second floor, next to it was Balloon Party's and Tennant's. The first floor had 4 rooms and the owners from the left to right were Click, Sonetto, Vertin and Pavia. As she went down the wood stairs, she saw the light in the living room was already turned off. It was a bit dark down there, but her eyes had been acquainted with the dark for a long time.

The first room Necrologist encountered was Vertin's room because it was next to the stairs. Walking towards it, she knocked three times on the door.

"Come in. The door isn't locked."

She could hear Vertin's voice coming from inside. When she opened the door, to her surprise, there was another person in the room.

"Greetings, Necrologist."

The orange-haired girl slightly nodded. She was sitting on the same bed with Vertin and surrounding them were various A4 papers.

"Good evening, Ms. Sonetto and Ms. Vertin."

Necrologist replied and went straight to the point.

"I have some information to tell you. They were from Mrs. Marino and may be related to our mission."