Time To Self

It's the next day and Fatima is out having lunch at the bar when a guy walks up to where she's sitting.

Guy: Hello beautiful

Fatima: Hi

Guy: You here alone

Fatima: Sorry, but I'm not interested.

Guy: Well damn, you can't take a compliment?

Fatima: Oh I can take a compliment, but I'm still not interested.

Guy: And how you know I was interested in you.

Fatima: Good, because I wasn't interested in you.

Guy: Well fuck you too bitch

Fatima: What the fuck you just say!!

Guy: Nothing.

Fatima: That's what the fuck I thought you said. If you want your life, I suggest you go
find you something safe to do.

Guy: Whatever

The guy walks away.

Bartender: He does that to everyone.

Fatima: I can tell.

Bartender: He stay trying to talk to the women that comes here. And they ass fall for his ass. He think just because he looks good with pretty eyes, he can full any female he wants.

Fatima: Y'all haven't tried doing anything about it?

Bartender: It's nothing that we can do. It's an open bar on a public beach.

Fatima: Well he better get to stepping before he walk up on the wrong person and end up somewhere lifeless.

Bartender: If he does, that's on him. And ima act like I ain't see shit.

Fatima: You and me both. ( both laughed )

Bartender: I'm Aaliyah.

Fatima: And I'm Fatima btw.

Aaliyah: I'm saying.

Fatima: So how long you been bartending?

Aaliyah: Not long. It's just something to do to make a lil extra money on the side while school is out.

Fatima: College?

Aaliyah: Yes, I'm going to school to be a doctor.

Fatima: Okay then doctor Aaliyah. So what made you wanna be a doctor?

Aaliyah: My parents are in the medical field so I'm following in their footsteps. I just wanna make them proud.

Fatima: That's amazing. I know that sometimes it's hard, but always remember that you can make it.

Aaliyah: Yea it definitely can be hard, but God always got me.

Fatima: That's facts. God is always present in any and everything that we face in life.

Aaliyah: Yes he is.

Fatima: Well ima get on out of here. But I hope you have the most amazing day ever and God bless you.

Fatima pays for her lunch and drinks and gives Aaliyah a $500 tip

Aaliyah: No you didn't have to do this.

Fatima: I know but I wanted to. I know how hard things can be, especially for young college students like yourself. So take it and do what ever you want to do with it.

Aaliyah: Thank you

Fatima: You're so welcome.

Aaliyah: Well you have a great day Fatima.