Investigation

It's the next day and Fatima just gets up. showered, did her morning routine, and headed downstairs.

Violet: Good morning baby

Fatima: Good morning momma. Where's everyone?

Violet: They went out to handle some business.

Fatima: Oh okay then.

Violet: How are you feeling?

Fatima: I feel okay.

Violet: You want breakfast?

Fatima: Sure I'll take something.

Violet: Have you talked to Kiya?

Fatima: Not since we left the hospital last night. Ima call her a lil later, just want them to have their moment.

Violet: I can understand that.

Fatima: They just went through a lot, and they just need this time for themselves.

Violet: Whatcha got planned for today?

Fatima: I actually have a lunch date with Tia. She called me this morning to have lunch with her.

Violet: Okay then. Your father and I have a dinner date tonight.

Fatima: I can't even remember the last time I been on a date.

Violet: What about your girls?

Fatima: That's different momma. I'm talking about a date with a man.

Violet: Ohhh, gotcha.

Fatima: And even with my girls, they aren't dates. It's just a group of us going out and gasping over drinks.

Violet: I see. So when are you going back to Atlanta?

Fatima: Probably in the next couple days. Just wanna make sure Kiya straight before I leave back out.

Violet: You have a good heart. Everybody needs someone like you in their corner.

Fatima: I do my best to be there for the ones I love.

Violet: So are you going to tell me the real reason why you flew to Jamaica in the middle of the week and didn't tell anyone?

Fatima: Ma I got some information but you have to promise not to tell anyone, not even daddy. Because I'm not even supposed to know this information.

Violet: I promise I want tell anyone.

Fatima: So the real reason why I went to Jamaica is because, I've been following this young girl that could possibly be my niece and your granddaughter.

Violet: Wait, what you mean?

Fatima: One second I'll be right back.

Fatima went into her office to grab an envelope, and goes back into the kitchen and gives it to her mom.

Fatima: Here read it.

Violet: What's this?

Fatima: You remember Brittany Washington?

Violet: You talking about Ty childhood girlfriend right?

Fatima: Yes, well turns out the real reason she left wasn't because her parents decided to up and move away. It was because she got pregnant and her parents kicked her out on the streets, her parents never moved.

Violet: What are you saying?

Fatima: Well a year later Brittany end up having a baby girl name Aaliyah Imani Washington. And word is after she had the baby, Brittany end up meeting this guy and got addicted to drugs and the baby was taken from her. Well a couple months ago Brittany opened up an investigation to try to find her daughter.