How It Started

Fatima is setting out on her balcony And  Zac walks out to where she's at.

Zac: You mind if I join you?

Fatima: Sure, I don't mind.

Zac: Here, I brought you some wine

Fatima: Thank you, even tho I don't need it.

Zac: You're welcome.

Fatima: I can't believe that he survived, but I'm happy he did. Now he and Kiya can have the family they always dreamed of.

Zac: I'm happy he did as well.

Fatima: Yea.

Zac: So are you okay?

Fatima: I will be.

It was silent for a moment.

Zac: What's on your mind?

Fatima: Zac tonight was a lot. Seeing him brought back so many memories of those dark times. I've been living a nightmare because of him.

Zac: Well it's over now Ti, and you no longer have to live in this nightmare that you've been trapped in.

Fatima: It's easily said Zac.

Zac: When I was about 8 years old, my mom was dating this guy name Steven. Well one day they both was high as a kite, and so Steven beat me. I cried and cried for him to stop and she didn't, she let him do it over and over again. I mean it happened every time they got high. And I never understood how could a mother could allow someone to hurt their child. I literally have a scar down my chest of him beating me. So yeah I understand what it feels like to live in a nightmare, I have most of my life.

Fatima: Zac, I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. No child, let alone anyone deserves to go through that.

Zac: We all have a story Ti, but we either going to allow it to constantly hunt us, or use it as a tool to keep fighting and to keep going. I mean I literally wanted to die, and even tried taking my life. But I'm here today, and that alone is a reason to keep going.

Fatima: Why do people hurt people.

Zac: Because hurt people, hurt people.

Fatima: What happened to the guy?

Zac: He got ahold of some bad drugs, and OD'ed right in our living room. That day CPS took my sister and I, and I never saw her again.

Fatima: Damn Zac, that's a lot to see and go through as a child.

Zac: I was in and out of foster care, sleeping from pillow to pillow. When I got 16, I ran away and ran into this old cat, and been on the streets since.

Fatima: I would have never thought you went through all that.

Zac: It's not that I'm proud of but also it's nothing that I'm ashamed of, because it made me who I am today.

Fatima: And I'm glad that you chose to keep going.

Zac: So you ready to tell me how you got into this line of business?

Fatima: Well one day I had my first hit and it was like a high I didn't want to come down off of. And everything I seen and been through in life didn't make it any better, because it was the fuel that lit the flame in me.

Zac: Hit as in drugs?

Fatima: Now do it look like I do drugs?

Zac: I mean you never know these days.

Fatima: No I don't do drugs boy.

Zac: I'm just fucking with you. I know what you mean.

Fatima: I mean I smoke weed here and there, and may even have an edible or two, but that's it.

Zac: I mean I feel like everybody smoke weed now and days.

Fatima: True. But I just do it to keep myself calm. After everything that happened, I got really bad anxiety, so it helps.

Zac: You sure you in the right line of business.

Fatima: Sometimes I ask myself the same thing, but I'm good.

Zac: Huh hmm, let me find out you a lil crazy.

Fatima: Well at least you are aware..

Zac: Very much so.

Fatima: Hahaha. You funny.

Zac: I'm just playing. But if you don't mind me asking, how did you get involved with someone like him?

Fatima: I honestly ask myself the same thing. I wanna say he wasn't always like that but truth is, he always has been. I guess I just ignored the signs because I was too in love. But after almost losing my life, it changed me. And been out for revenge against any and everybody ever since.

Zac: I'm not going to lie, I love a woman that can handle her own. And how you were in control of everything tonight was kinda sexy.

Fatima: ( laugh )

Zac: There's that smile.

Fatima: Whatever. But for real I appreciate what you did tonight. And it showed me that I got you and we are a team.

Zac: Bonnie and Clyde baby.

Fatima: I don't know about the Bonnie and Clyde part, but you got me and I got you.

Zac: We make good partners, and I can honestly say that I've never met a woman like yourself.

Fatima: And you never will.

Zac: Well I guess I should get going.

Fatima: Where you going?

Zac: To get a room.

Fatima: You don't have to do that, stay here. I have plenty rooms here.

Zac: You sure.

Fatima: Zac yes I'm sure.

Zac: Okay then.

Fatima: Come on, let me show you where you'll be sleeping.

They went upstairs.

Zac: I'm still shocked at how big this house is.

Fatima: You never seen a house this big?

Zac: No I haven't.

Fatima: Well now you can say you have.

Zac: Yea.

Fatima: Well ima go get ready for bed, I suggest you to do the same.

Zac: It was nice talking with you.

Fatima: You too Zac. You have a good night.

Zac: You too!

Fatima left and went to her room, and ran her a hot bath, put on her some music, poured her a glass of wine and relaxed in it.