🖤Crescent 🖤

🌀No ship

For years Cresent had tried to reach his mother's expectations, but it had never been enough. No matter how hard he tried, he was never able to do anything that would make her proud.

He wanted to confront her and tell her how he felt, he wanted to understand why nothing was good enough for her.

Cresent clinched his shaking fist with fear when he approached her door. He would take deep breaths and reach for the doorknob but pull back and try again.

"Come in," she said through the door, feeling the fear radiating off of him.
Nightmare looked up from the paperwork she was working on and glared at him. "What do you want?" she snapped at him.

"Um, I... just wanted to ask...something."
Nightmare lifted a brow annoyed.
"Cresent I don't have time for you right now, go bother someone else."

Crescent wanted to get his point across and had a burst of confidence. "No, I need to tell you something important."

Nightmare was unfazed by his sudden burst of confidence and sternly said. " If it's so important spit it out, I don't have all day for you to just stand there and waste my time."

Crescent tried to control his shaking "Do you love me, have you ever loved me?" Crescent waited for his response, whether it was good or bad he just wanted an answer.

Nightmare leaned back into her chair and looked at him. Crescent could have sworn he saw his mother's expression soften for a second, but it became the cold face that he knew all too well.

"Is that all?" Nightmare answered.
It shouldn't have hurt as much as it did, what did Crescent expect what did he hope would happen? For nightmare to assure him that she has always loved her son and apologized for her ways. His heart sank and with his throat tightening he said, "Yeah..." Nightmare started to work on the paperwork again. "Well then go on, I'm busy." Crescent nodded and made his way out.

As Crescent walked through the empty hallways, it echoed with every step he made. He stops and sinks to his knees against a wall and cries like he did when he was a child.

Killer comes into Nightmare's room to drop off some papers, "Killer, do you have a moment?" Nightmare asks which leaves killer confused. "Um yeah, sure, what do you need?"

"Crescent came in a while ago, and asked me if I loved him, how am I supposed to respond to that, I've never have had a mother's love before." She ranted on looking at killer.

Killer didn't know what to say. He wasn't in Crescent's life much either, the only person Crescent looked up to was his mother. "Well I don't know really, I'm not a mom." He lets out a chuckle as Nightmare rolls her eyes and lets out a deep breath.
"I don't know what to do, I mean I can't feel anything but negativity." Nightmare begins to tear up "I want to love you and Crescent, but if I do dream will get stronger and I'll get weaker and soon I'll be nothing."
Killer just walked around the desk and held nightmare.

🌀 honestly this was ass I'm going to redo it

🌀 I originally thought that killer was the mom but as I was looking up Crescent I saw the the creator had made nightmare the mother instead.