⸻ one

season 6, episode 5 - invasion

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

     "THAT IS REPULSING," Sage Chang stated as she and Cristina Yang watched them hang up the new 'Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital' sign.

To say nobody was thrilled about the merger would be the understatement of the year. Not only did they have to fear for their own jobs because of cuts, but they also had to fear for the jobs of their friends. Both of them were safe, of course, but it was still going to be an incredibly stressful day for everybody.

"They're like parasites," Cristina replied, taking a sip of her coffee. "They invade, they take, they eat, and then, eventually, they kill us."

The two had been close ever since their first year as interns. They were both assigned to the 'Nazi' who turned out to be a short woman named Dr. Bailey who was still possibly the most terrifying person Sage had met. Neither of them were pleased about the merger, but it was happening and there was nothing they could do about it.

"Indeed," the slightly younger woman agreed with a nod before they both headed inside the hospital.

Cristina opened her mouth to say something but quickly shut it and grabbed Sage's arm to pull her back as a man sporting a buzz cut and orange scrubs came running by them. He was one of the 'parasites'.

"Hey, watch it!" Cristina shouted after him. "She's very little and you could've hurt her!"

She was promptly ignored as he continued sprinting into the hospital.

"Parasites," Cristina repeated, shaking her head. Sage raised her mug of coffee and clinked it with Cristina's before they both made their way inside.

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅