⸻ five

season 6, episode 12 - i like you so much better when you're naked

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

      SAGE SAT ON one of the chairs by the kitchen island. In front of her was a peanut butter Nutella sandwich along with her Eagles mug filled to the brim with coffee. Not her usual healthy breakfast, but Alex had bought the peanut butter and specifically told her not to eat it, so she just had to. 

Meredith walked into the kitchen, both Alex and Lexie hot on her trail. The both had guilty expressions on their faces, although Alex's quickly turned to one of annoyance when he saw Sage eating his peanut butter.

Alex stood behind the island and Lexie took a seat beside her, grabbing her sandwich and taking a bite. Sage lifted the mug to her lips and raised an eyebrow, looking to Meredith for an explanation. 

"Izzie leaves, and Mark gets a kid and you two decide that the best way to deal is to get drunk and mash your genitals together?" Meredith scolded and Sage nearly choked on her coffee. 

She didn't know what she had been expecting that hadn't been it.

"Look, no freakin' way you get to judge us or give relationship advice. Besides, you were a total dirty mistress, like two weeks ago," Alex snapped. "And I told you not to touch my peanut butter!" He snatched the jar away from her and she raised her hands in surrender.

"Are we calling me a dirty mistress?" Lexie asked as she held up her hand. 

"That was two years ago and his wife didn't have cancer," Meredith argued, ignoring her little sister.

"Because I've only been with like, six guys in my whole life," Lexie rambled on. "Ok, Alex and I—we've done it before. That was recycling. It was like good for the environment."

"Izzie's gone, I was horny, she was there," Alex defended his actions. 

"Oh, crap. I am a dirty mistress, oh, god," Lexie groaned as she covered her eyes. Her head shot up a couple moments later when another thought came to mind. "Oh crap. You're gonna tell Derek and then Derek's gonna tell Mark that I'm a whore."

"I don't think Mark can say anything," Sage muttered under her breath, earning a glare from Meredith.

"Lexie, I am not going to tell Derek, and neither are either of you," she said before turning to Alex. "And you're not going to say anything. We are keeping our mouths shut. Izzie is coming home. No one needs to know."

Alex, who had been sipping on some coffee, looked up to see Izzie standing in the doorway. They all followed his gaze and spotted the blonde.

"Know what?"