⸻ thirteen

season 7, episode 6 - these arms of mine

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

      THINGS WERE GETTING better for Sage and the rest of the survivors of Seattle Grace-Mercy West shooting. Sure, she still had trouble sleeping, but the nightmares were almost completely gone and she didn't panic every time she heard a car backfire, fireworks, or someone dropped a tray. They were all moving on and trying to forget what happened.

A few months after the shooting, a TV network had approached the hospital with the idea to film all the doctors for a day to show their progress after the shooting. Today was the day they began filming.

Despite having work to do that day, Sage and Alex were being forced to do an interview with the network before going back to the peds floor where their interns were busy with rounds.

DR. SAGE CHANG
SURGICAL RESIDENT

DR. ALEX KAREV
SURGICAL RESIDENT

Dr. Chang and Dr. Karve have been best friends since their first year as interns. They each describe the other as being the other's 'person'.

"We are fourth-year surgical residents," Sage began, sitting in front of the camera crew, "and, we've also been really good friends for a long time."

"Yeah, I mean it's pretty impossible to work this closely and not be best friends," Alex added.

"We work really well together," she said.

"Sometimes I want to strangle her, but I think that's a natural response," he joked, earning a smack to the back of the head from Sage.

HAS THE SHOOTING BROUGHT YOU TWO CLOSER TOGETHER?

"I wasn't actually with Smalls during the shooting, but I would say the aftermath and dealing with the trauma that came with it definitely brought us closer," Alex answered.

"Not that we weren't close before," she quickly added. "You can ask anyone, Alex and I are always together."

"Yeah dude, she follows me around like a little puppy," he teased, earning another smack to the head.

"Really, I'm the one that's the dog in this relationship?" Sage glared at him. "You never leave me alone! I can't get away from you!"

"Well, you love me anyways," he said, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.