⸻ eight

season 6, episode 20 - hook, line and sinner

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

      "IT WAS A FISHING BOAT ACCIDENT," April Kepner began to explain to the group consisting of Sage, Jackson, Meredith, and Derek as they rode up to the helipad. "And two patients, one with a head lac and abdominal pain," she continued as Sage pulled her blue latex gloves on. "The other, they said something about a fish hook being stuck somewhere."

Jackson nudged Sage, and smirked at her. She bit her lip to hide a smile, knowing what he was referring to. It was a well known fact that April had a thing for Derek, despite the fact that he was married to Meredith. Jackson loved to make jokes about it, but since Sage actually liked April, she would scold him to stop. But sometimes April just made it too obvious and she couldn't help but laugh. 

"Why would they send a chopper for a guy with a fish hook?" Derek asked as April continued gazing at him.

 "Uh, I'm pretty sure they said fishhook Chief Shepherd," she corrected, a nervous smile on her face. 

Meredith rolled her eyes and sighed as the elevator doors opened. April and Derek ran out first while the other three stayed behind for a moment.

 "'I'm pretty sure they said fish hook, Chief Shepherd," Jackson mocked April's voice, causing Sage to smack him on the arm while laughing quietly. "'But if I'm wrong you can spank me.'"

"Shut up," Meredith said, though she was laughing too. 

"'Oh, Chief Shepherd, I do hope I'm wrong," Jackson added as they exited the elevator.

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅