⸻ ten

season 6, episode 23 - sanctuary

season 6, episode 24 - death and all his friends

TRIGGER WARNING: sh00ting

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

      THINGS HAD BEEN going back to normal between Sage and Jackson. Well, not back to normal , but they were talking again. Well, they would only talk if it was about a case, but it was a start.

"You paged?" Sage said as she and Cristina stopped in front of Meredith.

"Yeah, what's up?" Cristina asked.

Meredith had paged the two of them down to the basement, saying she had something to tell them. Sage and Cristina had both been on their way to the nurses station, but they dropped everything when Meredith said it was really important.

The blonde gave her best friends a nervous smile, placing her hands on her stomach.

"I'm pregnant," she announced.

Cristina and Sage stared at her, dumbfounded. Whatever they had been expecting, that definitely wasn't it.

"No way," Cristina gawked.

"Yeah," Meredith breathed out, nodding her head. She looked at Sage, who was still shocked.

"No freakin' way."

"Right?"

"Uh, were you trying to get pregnant?" Sage asked when she finally found her voice.

"No. Total accident," Meredith told them. "I used the thing."

"Oh," Cristina said. "So, are we happy about this or are we exercising our legal right to choose?"

Meredith smiled, and that was all the answer Sage and Cristina needed.

"Ok." Cristina let out a joyous laugh and Sage smiled.

"Let's hug it out!" Cristina pulled the two of them into a hug and Sage's smile grew wider.

"You're having a baby," Sage laughed, a sense of pride washing over her as they held each other.

"I'm having a baby," Meredith repeated, a huge smile on her face.

"Oh, my God. Are you-are you- are you gonna tell him? Have you told him?" Cristina asked, pulling away from the embrace.

"No, I just found out," Meredith said.

Sage opened her mouth to say something when all their pagers went off.

"I gotta get to the pit," Sage said, glancing down at her pager.